Can anyone answer this question? Why don't Democrats want "open borders"?

they want open borders…what are talking about?

National sovereignty.

Every democratic favors national sovereignty.

We are a self contained nation.

Immigrants have to be processed in the country in an orderly fashion.

Duh.

Open borders is the antithesis.

Allan

YOU DID NOT READ HIS POST.

Maybe someone can tell me what his shirt says.

No, it wasn’t. Thanks for confirming you either haven’t read it, or believed the spin about it. It was not an amnesty bill.

It was Democrats agreeing to basically everything Rs want now on immigration minus the wall.

It shows a commitment to the country the person is wanting to become a citizen of.

If you disagree, why?

Because it adds no value.

You don’t think Hillary could have possibly been a bit power hungry?

“I don’t believe in borders” by Keith Ellison. Democrat candidates themselves raise hands to decriminalize borders question.

Spin - but they didn’t say the exact words “Open Borders” so they don’t support it. In all of the debates, speeches, talks there is not talks of how to keep out illegals or border security, they simply don’t care.

I’m not claiming anyone is advocating that, I’m asking why wouldn’t they want that?

Answered. National sovereignty.

Allan

because

WHY not?

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to imply that all factors apply at all times. It is a mix.

Specific to your specific example, I wouldn’t allow them in.

There’s your open borders man!

That’s who was coming in as refugees.

It isn’t what they say it is what they do. Actions speak louder than words.

If you oppose building the wall and other measures to prevent illegal crossings, if you support sanctuary cities by turning a blind eye, if you turn a blind eye to catch and release rather than working to fix it, you are for open borders.

I think what Trump did was great. Wait in Mexico for your hearing. Let Mexico suck up the cost of healthcare, food, clothing and shelter. They are now feeling the financial pain of it so aren’t feeling too welcoming towards the caravans they gladly dumped on the American taxpayer.

Now, who fits the profile for open borders?

We should not be criminalizing mamas and babies trying to flee violence at home or trying to build a better future. We must pass comprehensive immigration reform that is in line with our values, creates a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants including our Dreamers, and protects our borders,” Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D) told HuffPost.

What is in line with “our” values? What does she mean by protect our borders? Because she only went into detail on how she feels about babies, mothers and dreamers. Not someone who wants to enforce the laws when she is running for the position President.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J) has taken things further and vowed — if elected — to essentially eliminate any kind of border detention through an executive order. His campaign released an 11-page policy document explaining the details.

“Today, Cory Booker is outlining executive actions he will take beginning on day one of his presidency to virtually eliminate immigration detention and put an end to the humanitarian crisis at the border and in detention centers across the country,” Booker’s campaign said. “Without waiting for Congress to act, Cory will stop the treatment of immigrants as criminals, close inhumane DHS facilities, end the use of for-profit detention facilities and end unnecessary barriers for refugees and those seeking asylum to virtually eliminate immigrant detention.”

Considering Democrats now believe any kind of detention is “inhumane,” under Booker’s plan all detention centers would be closed.

As far as Bernie goes, it is much of the same drivel.

Then you have Pelosi, Schumer and the Squad. You have the democrats who claim Sanctuary City status as well as the Democrats leadership who announce ICE raids.

You’ve read all about them and their stances. No need for me to prove it to you.

1 Like

Ok. I gave my opinion on the scenario you created.

Same reason many people live in a gated, deed restricted community.

I have no issue with people who want to work in landscaping or work in healthcare.

What I don’t want are people who cannot support themselves and rely on the government to support them and their families. What I do not want are criminals so I want each person entering this country vetted thoroughly.

Rather like applying for a job. The best and the brightest team is going to make a great company.

They knowingly broke the law. As they have no respect for our laws they need to be deported.