Can anyone answer this question? Why don't Democrats want "open borders"?

In this debate those of us on the so-called right are constantly told that Democrat politicians don’t want “open borders.” To be completely honest I cannot think of one reason why they wouldn’t want that, or at minimum a much much more open country with little to restrictions on immigration and citizenship. So can anyone tell us WHY they wouldn’t want this?

What democrat politicians want open boarders? What are their names?

I second this, please name one D politician that has specifically said that he/she was open borders.

Most Democrats are not going to say they want open borders.
They are just going to want to stop or restrict enforcement of our immigration laws by ICE.
They are going to insist that the only humane way to handle fake allegations of asylum, or people who cross with minors, is to release them and hope they will show up later to be deported (right).
They will opposed enhanced border fences or walls.
They will be opposed to restrictions on chain migraton.
And, of course, they see the wisdom of sanctuary cities lead by Democrat mayors who want no cooperation with ICE at all.
And then they will say “Open borders? Name one Democrat who says they are for open borders?”

2 Likes

Can you specifically name the few that do want open borders?

Because it’s prudent to know who is coming in to our country from both a security and policy perspective.

I’m absolutely in favor of making it easier to legally come here, increasing the limits and reducing time it takes to receive citizenship.

What is your definition of open borders? And what Democrat(s) want it?

I Can!

They want the votes. The feel bad for the plight of the illegal and that is what makes them worthy of their vote. The republicans want them here too, but for cheap labor. Either way, it is American Citizens who are getting the raw end.

I fully support this!

Lets do both…Build a wall to keep the illegals out and set up a system for people that want to immigrate to the US be admitted within 30 days. We would have to set up a merit based system where the immigrants would not be dependent on the taxpayers though. But other than that, I am all for it.

What I’m seeing so far is that no one can offer the name of any Democratic figure who openly advocates for open borders, it’s simply assumed that they do based off their policy positions/record.

2 Likes

Broad brushing.

I’m not making any assertions as to that, but simply asking why they would not want it especially with the tremendous political advantages it would bring.

2 Likes

I’m not making any assertions as to that, but simply asking why they would not want it especially with the tremendous political advantages it would bring.

3 Likes

Why would a Republican not want open borders?

Contrary to some popular opinion, voter fraud is rare. So the majority of Democrats don’t want open borders, they want more legal immigration.

Did you even read his post?

1 Like

To be honest I wouldn’t claim that we all have a clear consensus on how one would define it as such, which is why I said in the OP a much much more open country with little to restrictions on immigration and citizenship. As to what Democrats potentially want it I’m not making any assertions as to that, but simply asking why they would not want it especially with the tremendous political advantages it would bring.

Why?

Great question.

Allowing more immigrants to come into the country, would not necessarily benefit Democrats.

It would be ideal to allow more in, and streamline the process of being here legally. But it would require them to become citizens before they could vote, and that probably would take many years.

One of the reasons we became such a thriving country, was the diversity of the society. That was due to immigrants. They bring new ideas and perspective, and can contribute on so many different levels.

Maybe a better question is, why do Republicans/Conservatives want to strictly limit immigrants coming in, or not streamline the process?