Cals low income housing plan failed

Great, then you should have no problem backing your claims.

Gentrification is a direct result of the free market on development.

Your solution of developers building a housing supply that exceeds demand to such a degree that it makes housing affordable is nonsensical.

https://www.policygenius.com/blog/states-added-small-businesses/

Guess who is number 1?

1. California

Number of new small businesses: 47,250
Number of new jobs created: 135,472
Total number of small businesses: 3,941,201
Percent of employment from small businesses: 48.8%

I’ll try to find another source as well

Better link

https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/advocacy/State-Small-Business-RankingsTop-10-2018.pdf

California leads in many categories for small businesses

The homeless crisis is proof of the housing shortage…Not the cause… as I’ve said twice now. Please try to keep up.

Both legal and illegal mass immigration drive up the demand for homes.

BUt, It has noting to do with their status as immigrants illegal or legal but rather their status as consumers of housing in a low supply market…

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean they couldn’t do better.

Yes you have… I will not ask the question again. Thanks

Theoretically yes, but does it drive it enough to make a difference? A few posts up you said illlegals are piling into homes… which means they arent buying homes… which in turn means they arent driving up demand for homes.

What does the net affect of illegal or legal immigration have on the over all house supply? These are low income workers after all.

No, gentrification is a result of inflation caused low supply and so only the wealthy can afford homes and rents.

Illegals have nothing to do with affordable housing. You and goodad telling each other stories about apartments packed with 100 generations is not based in reality.

Yes, and your laughable “solution”’is for developers to build empty houses. Brilliant!

Obviously, immigrants are not the only ones wanting to rent or buy, they compete with the native born population. They just add a lot to demand.

What solutions do you offer?

How do you build homes with people living in them?..LMAOX2

1 Like

You can deflect all you want, but your posts are nonsensical.

A supply of homes that exceeds demand to a degree that it depresses prices and makes homes “affordable” inherently means a significant number of them remain empty.

That would just mean they’d have to lower the rent or price to get someone in them… They’d have to have a “sale”, like any thing else that was over stocked,

This is why the left has no solutions. They don’t understand basic economics…

I thought you said you understood supply/demand.

Apparently you don’t.

Nice projection…

How about offering a solution. I have…

Build more homes? Free up more land to build homes… create more transit options that will extend in areas with enough land to build more homes.

I think the high speed rail between Vegas and Victorville will explod home ownership in that areas. 75 min trip to Vegas will mean that people can buy affordable homes and commute to another major city with ease.

We are back where I started, there is no incentive for a developer to build housing that they will be forced to put on “sale”.

You have absolutely no clue about real estate or invest in it, do you?

Are you proposing to force developers to do this?

They still have to have a place to live no matter what their income, thus adding to demand in a low supply market.

And your “solution”’ was so off I did not even bother with the fact there is simply no where left to build in areas with high housing costs. You should know that, but reality seems to matter little to you.