Cals low income housing plan failed

Maybe, if you assume all of the homeless are of the mental capacity to want to maintain a job and rent/purchase a home. Most of the homeless are mentally unstable.

How do illegals drive up the price of homes in Cali?

Because they can afford to pay more rent than a family with only one or two earners…

You are stereotyping the homeless… and How come there was not this many homeless during the great depression?

Does Rent prices drive up the price of homes? Or does supply and demand drive up the price of homes… which then forces people to rent?

In California? I am not sure there were less homeless then there their was now… I need data.

Are you familiar with supply and demand?

Rents are “prices”, obviously. If you can charge high rent, you are willing to pay more for a house to rent out as a landlord. Demand for rentals is housing demand.

If you need data hit google… Even the LA times has stories of the dramatic rise in homelessness over the past couple of decades.

It’s amazing you have such strong opinions and never even looked into the data, lol!

Yes… I know supply and demand…lol!

:+1::+1:

You are making the claims… not me. Provide data to your claims so we can have a real discussion.

There is a rise in homelessness… never denied that. You keep changing positions… you have made the argument that illegals and the homeless are driving up the cost of housing. I asked how… you have provide zero data.

The cost of housing is due to the lack of supply. Is the lack of supply due to illegals? Homeless? If you believe so, like you’ve claimed, then show some data.

1 Like

His posts are great and right on the money. I know it and suspect that you do too. :smile:

Anyone who has spent any length of time in California knows what is going on.

“Probably not a problem in NY.”

No?

https://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/illegal-immigration-cost-New-York/2015/10/17/id/696663/

Here are average housing prices in NY:

https://www.zillow.com/ny/home-values/

That’s a drop in the bucket as to what California is dealing with.

I’ve lived here for over 25 years… I know exactly what is going on.

The 5th largest economy in the world can figure it out just fine… thanks!

I never said homeless were driving up the price of housing.

I already explained how mass immigration has driven up the demand for housing, which is obvious anyway.

The lack of supply is because of all the regs and costs dems put on building in Cal.

You are the one not willing to do the homework to have a real informed debate. Do your own homework…

1 Like

Being obtuse then?

I’ve lived here since 1970…

Yall are doing a real bang up job of it!!! :rofl: Every time we fly out there (visit relatives) it seems progressively worse.

You responded to a post where I asked for data on illegals driving up home prices and you replied

Then I asked how the homeless were driving up rent…

You did respond that they were a victim. Which I asks for more data on.

Mass immigration or illegal immigration? The difference is key.

1 Like

And the govt here makes the rich richer, and the poor poorer. Only large corps can comply with all the regs coming from sac…