California's dying dream

Yes, it is. As it’s not based on local cost of living in our giant country. Do your own thinking. Just compare gas prices and housing cost to Cal’s.

I trust the informed opinions of economic experts & think tanks over that of random internet posters

Except you didn’t ask any economic experts. Go back and read the article I posed. It’s by a democrat, and he agrees with me…

Sure I did. Where are you getting your info from?

Huffpo, politico and the article I posted all have stories on why Cal has the highest poverty rate when cost of living is considered.

I have been assured by you that those are fake news sources

There’s nothing on that kaiser page…

BUt you believe them…

Poverty is measured in the United States by comparing a person’s or family’s income to a set poverty threshold or minimum amount of income needed to cover basic needs.

In what universe is “minimum amount of income needed to cover basic needs” not cost of living?

I’m middle class. Bought a 1300 sq ft. home in California. 20 years ago.

Could sell it now and buy two and a half to three same size, same condition homes in Midwest, South and Plains states.

Apples and oranges.

Which is different depending on what part of the country you live in. Obviously… Just look at the difference in Gas and housing costs between Cal and those states.

I told you the federal poverty line means little. And why don’t you believe other leftist who tell you Cal has the most poor due to cost of living…

I think it’s a good ideas to fine SF and LA for allowing used needles and sewage to flow directly into the Oceans… Children are exposed to that water…

Cal’s gas prices hurt the working poor the most… We need a pipeline from Texas and gas formula reform to help them…

We could also use a pipeline to take water from Texas and the south. They are drowning and we need more reserves. That’s what Cal’s govt should be doing. Instead of making homes more expensive for no reason