California state health insurance to cover sex changes for illegal immigrants

I agree. Nor promoting it.

That’s not my point. I am asking why with this mental illness the treatment seems to be to encourage the delusion rather than treat the delusion. And why do people seem ok with this treatment of encouraging the delusion?

Because I think the humane and compassionate move would be for it to be treated and cured.

I’m not providing “treatment” for anyone, other people’s lifestyle choices and mental health are none of my business.

What a novel way to draw illegals: come to California … get your willie cut off!

Who’s asking you to?

Once again. Not my point. Is this obtuseness intentional?

1 Like

Aren’t you? I choose to call people whatever they want to be called. Doesn’t that mean I’m encouraging a delusion, as you put it?

Actually, yes.

If you call a man a woman because he says he believes he is a women then you would be providing affirmation to them of their delusion.

I would say that a person who honestly believes that they are something that they are not would fit the delusional def.

de·lu·sion·al
[dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl]
ADJECTIVE
characterized by or holding false beliefs or judgments about external reality that are held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, as a symptom of serious mental illness:

So yes. A man who falsely believes he is a woman would be delusional.

The incontrovertible evidence would be the existence of the Y chromosome.

It’s the tiptoe-ing I mentioned earlier.

Of course it’s intentional.

2 Likes

Frivolous!!! You have gone too far this time. This is pistols at dawn talk my good man.

And affirming that delusion is a problem?

I have no problem with

• men who believe they are women
  • people who believe they need tinfoil on their windows to protect them
  • people who feel a need to drink every hour or use drugs every six hours
    That is none of my business

But if they expect me to play along with them it IS my business,
and their desire to make me do so is not part of them being crazy. It is part of them being an ■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

I agree with all that. No one should force you to call anyone anything.

1 Like

Then wouldn’t you deem being made to affirm a problem?

Because anyone not affirming their crazy is definitely a problem they have.

They tell me alcoholics & addicts cannot fix their problem until they admit they have one.
Schizophrenia, social anxiety disorder etc. apparently work the same way.

But we don’t tell those people
“Yes you really should drink that much. Yes there really is a man living in your head. Yes you are right to be scared of everyone you meet. etc.,” and lying to them positively does not help them, it does not even help them feel better.

1 Like

Feelings are the problem when their feels contradict the reals.

Yes. Isn’t that what I said? Individuals shouldn’t be forced to affirm anything. You do you.

1 Like

We beat you the last two times … we’ll beat you again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Transgender people are not my issue, I don’t need to try to “fix their problems.”

They’ve been beaten by the Romans, the Saxons, the Norwegians, the Danes, the French, the Dutch and the Americans (twice.)

What are the odds of them losing again?

2 Likes

Pretty good, it sounds like. :wink:

2 Likes

My gosh I feel the love. I demand a hannity forum safe space.

As i always say inside every American is an Englishman wanting to get out. Lie back and let it happen. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like