California state health insurance to cover sex changes for illegal immigrants

Sure, except. . .

Gender-affirming care is not necessary medical treatment, in my opinion. If adults want to do it, that’s fine with me, but they should pay for it themselves.

3 Likes

@Nemesis

More importantly it shows that if we allow libs to run any government (including US Federal Gov’t) they will likely run amok enacting this and any other whack-job idea that enters their mind.

We have evidence that libs, left in charge become whacky extremists.
We have no evidence that libs, if in charge of, say, the federal gov’t would suddenly become reasonable.

2 Likes

You’re missing the fact that it’s Calif we’re talking about.

It really doesn’t matter what specifics are in play.

Calif is swimming in debt, and now this new initiative costs even more. From the OP:

Ugh. So it’s not just make-your-own-bed-and-lie-in-it.

My federal taxes make me an unwilling occupant of that fleabag.

3 Likes

On the bright side, every penisectomy done on an illegal prevents another Lib from being born …

Now THAT’S worth paying for, especially if Californians are the ones doing it.

1 Like

Never said it was financially prudent. Californians will be able to have their say next time the Governor is up for election and other state representatives.

The urgency to build a wall along the eastern border of California grows by the day.

Didn’t say you did. I was reiterating MY point (which I previously made) about Calif’s fiscal woes, and their seemingly suicidal insistence on exacerbating it. Like I said, “It really doesn’t matter what specifics are in play.”

1 Like

I am curious. This “dysphoria” is a mental condition, is it not? A mental condition where a member of one sex believes they are a member of the other.

My question is why, in this mental condition, is the treatment to encourage the dysphoria rater that work to cure the dysphoria?

2 Likes

Gender Dysphoria is the distress and upset a person experiences due to the conflict of their own sense of gender vs their sex at birth.

Treatment is not always surgery or other body modifications but can include counseling and a range of other therapeutic treatments.

A lot of press is given to children having surgeries but According to studies conducted by Komodo Health in 2019-2021 just over 88,000 under 18 were diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria and between the years of 2019 through 2021, 832 under 18s had genital surgery and mastectomies. Though this is based on insurance claims so the number could be higher if individuals bypassed insurance.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

Some could argue that one surgery is too many but surgeries on individuals of all ages is not at the vast levels that so many think.

My niece is transitioning but surgery is still some way off.

But this all seems aimed towards the encouragement of the mental condition rather than towards correcting the mental condition. If someone has some other mental condition the focus is upon curing the condition, why is this mental condition treated differently?

1 Like

Great. Treat the mental condition.

The only thing that can save us now, is California splitting off from the continent and sinking beneath the waves.

Yes, but as they say “so goes California, so goes the county.”

Certainly this shows us what happens when liberals win elections.
(I don’t think they suddenly become reasonable at the federal level.)

As I said in the previous post what happens in California today is what very likely will happen in the country in a decade or so. It’s been that way for the last 50-60 years or so. There us no reason to think that trend won’t continue. Be very aware; be very afraid.

1 Like

I certainly have not seen much condemnation of this policy by the left.

Of course not. It’s their plan for our future.

2 Likes

Honestly I have no problem if my state gave illegals access to health care and would have no problem in having my tax dollars used for this or having which would amount to a pretty insignificant tax hike for each individual per person.

Access to affordable healthcare and education are two areas I feel strongly about.

But I know YMMV.

1 Like