California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials

Once again the GOP doing their best to prove that voter fraud is a real threat, even if it means they have to be the ones to do it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/12/california-illegal-ballot-boxes/#click=https://t.co/DLGiCMffDU

2 Likes

Sounds like the GOP was using a Dem passed law agaiinst them.

Can’t have Republicans play by the same rules the Dems use.

That’s not fair!

You should get into the habit of reading and understanding the links you post.

" The GOP said it was using a 2016 law, passed by Democrats, that the party argues legalized a practice called “ballot harvesting.”

In some states, ballot harvesting rules allow campaign volunteers to collect ballots door-to-door and return them to be counted on behalf of voters. That practice has been controversial, though legal in many states, over claims that it could lead to more ballots being lost or tampered with. Proponents of the practice argue that ballot harvesting can increase voter turnout and can be a useful solution for people with disabilities, obligations or other obstacles that may keep them from going to the polls themselves.

2 Likes

All of this crap is happening because most states are not geared up to handle a large amount of mail-in ballots.

I’ve said it before. States should look to Colorado for a model of a state that does primarily mail-in voting. It took them about 10 years to get all the bugs worked out, but we have a secure, efficient and trustworthy mail-in process. We have hundreds of drop-off boxes across the state, as well as city hall in each town, for those who don’t want to mail their ballots. We also have in-person locations for the few who do not trust the mail-in process. You can trace your mailed (or dropped-off) ballot to make sure it was received and counted. We have the personnel and process to handle the volume of ballots.

States that haven’t been doing this already can’t expect to gear up in a few months and then expect a successful voting process.

I don’t expect the USPS to choke. I very much expect the states without a tried and tested system to run into problems.

You can designate a person to submit your mail in ballot. A fake official drop box does not meet that requirement.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1921

However, a vote by mail voter who is unable to return the ballot may designate any person to return the ballot to the elections official from whom it came or to the precinct board at a polling place within the jurisdiction.

Or is the argument a fake official drop box is a “person?”

4 Likes

^

20133. Determination of Drop-off Locations and Number of Drop Boxes.

1. Drop-off locations shall be determined by the county elections official. In determining locations, the elections official shall, at a minimum, consider concentrations of population, geographic areas, voter convenience, proximity to public transportation, community-based locations, security, and available funding.
  2. Staffed drop box locations may include, but are not limited to, city offices, public libraries, county offices, assisted living facilities, local businesses, and offices of community organizations.
  3. The number of drop-off locations and drop boxes shall be determined by the county elections official.

Note: Authority cited: Section 12172.5, Government Code; and Sections 10 and 3025, Elections Code. Reference: Section 3025, Elections Code.

So did the county elections officials determine the location of these “drop boxes” or was the the California GOP?

If the California GOP, they were attempting voter fraud. If the county elections officials, they they are golden.
.WW, PSHS

Uh oh. This is go to jail level vote fraud.

“GOP argues that a person and a mailbox are the same thing and this isn’t the most sad ass obvious vote fraud scheme.”

1 Like

Wait - I hope I don’t have to buy my mailbox a Christmas present now…

Only Democrats commit voter fraud. This is just a misunderstanding.

No need. Just slip a little cash in an envelope and drop it in. No shopping required.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

Hey GOP members always going on about voter fraud, here is yet another example of members of the GOP most likely committing voter fraud. Election 2020: Unofficial ballot boxes are illegal, state hits COVID milestone

2 Likes

You realize that this is the same story as the link in the OP, right?

1 Like

Different news source. Just wanted to keep the conversation and different perspectives going. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The GOP fear, desperation, and yes the panic, it’s setting in and turning criminal.

2 Likes

People gonna go to prison over this.

Someone should write a thesis on how Republicans somehow convince themselves that Democrats are secret committing all this vote fraud, get the bright idea to do it themselves because it’s so easy to hide I guess and then immediately get caught.

1 Like

It’s only fraud when you guys do it.

1 Like

A thesis, or maybe an SNL skit.

1 Like

You should take your own advice. A person and a dropbox are not the same thing. What has transpired here is quite possibly a felony.

Drip drip drip…