California about as tax friendly as texas

Great state except for Nashville and Memphis.

To cold

You have to factor in cost of living as well:

Haven’t property taxes in TX gone up significantly over the past decade?

That chart doesnt show what you think it does. In fact -It proves the opposite.
In CA - After taxes the income is $48,489
IN TX -the same before tax income is only $43,895

You actually made the argument that overall, TX is worse for you in regards of Taxes then CA>

Nonetheless overall cost of living is a better indicator in comparing different places to live. Here is another source comparing CA to TX:

I live in Dallas with School taxes from richardson.

2019 Appraised value $320,000
Zillow estimate 399,000

Total combined School and Dallas taxes = $3,000

I’m not in either state so I really don’t have skin in this game. I was only pointing out the first segment showing all taxes and what’s left for the tax payer.

Which political party/ideology dominates Austin and your local school board?

1 Like

It’s growing exponentially, my family lives in Brentwood which is about 13 miles south of Nashville were I grew up, every time I come into visit I see lots of new buildings being put in.

Brentwood is a nice area. Lots of areas are better than nashville.

Well Damn!
Can’t dispute that!

I plan to go back one day, hopefully to stay.

As one who lives in CA…that is basing living in at least a 1.2 - 1.7 million dollar home.
(depending on the down payment).
They are also living quite well, and saving quite a lot.

If they lived in a more modest house, not in the center of SF, or the pricier neighborhoods in Silicon valley, that mortgage of 4k would drop to nearly half.

So…yes, it can be expensive to live in some areas of CA…but certainly not all areas.

I am 20 minutes from the San Jose Airport, and about 75 minutes from SF.

One also has to consider, weather, and the abundance of things to do…no matter what your passion is. It is nearly all here.

But it was a “show”!

1 Like

williamson county just north of austin is about as red as they come. their property taxes are about teh same as austin

But that doesn’t really address the fact you have to actually live in… Texas :face_vomiting:

1 Like

That is bonkers indeed. This is a good article if the title were “the perils of becoming House poor - why you should never buy a house 5x annual income” or “what happens when you spend $70/day on food”

What are these people eating?!? I have a family of 5, am fairly price insensitive, and eat very well for half that on most days…

1 Like

The area I’m in is over 70% registered Republican.

How much is a gallon of milk in California? A pack of cigarettes? A gallon of gas?

:thinking: