California about as tax friendly as texas

Who runs the government?

Gas is close to 4.00 a gallon. Itā€™s 1.97 locally.

Everything is sky high in that 3rd world state especially housing and taxes.

Pretty expensive. :thinking:

Milk was $2.35 a gallon yesterday at Wal-Mart, and E-85 was still holding at $1.89 per gallon.

I still have a pack of Marlboro in the freezer that I bought 14 months ago. That was $4.85, though I donā€™t know if sin taxes have gone up or not.

I just paid 2.99 at ARCO in Palo Alto.

It is close to $4 a gallon in SF, and at the Shell, Exxon etcā€¦they are always about 50 cents higher than ARCO, or local gas stations.

It was in the upper 3ā€™s (nearly 4) last time i was in california which was in december. I was in the general LA vicinity.

Dang you guys have it good there apparently. In Kansas if you want some name brand cigs a pack will run you close to $6 or better unless they are on special. I dont smoke cigarettes but the amounts are right in front of you all the time.

We have a state income tax, property tax (on homes, RVā€™s, vehicles, livestock, etc.), and just about all the other taxes that everyone else has, just not as much regarding the rates. We used to have a ridiculously low state sales tax also, but itā€™s around 8-9% now.

The last 15 years have been very turbulent in this state.

We got all of that plus sales tax on food for crying out loud and this Iā€™d supposedly red as hell.

Iā€™m glad this article was posted. Please spread it around so those numb nuts will stop moving here.

1 Like

I lived in Wyandotte county when they got the brilliant idea to raise sales taxes to help pay for the speedway. That was a lot of fun also. lol

1 Like

Lots of taxes here in Kansas are special taxes meant to pay for some project with the promise once the project is paid for the tax ends lol, Iā€™ve never seen a tax end here.