Bye bye Kari Lake

What do you think? Is this the end of the saga, or does Lake push on?

No surprise with this ruling, her legal team did nothing to prove their case.

Watching the proceedings I had to wonder if these guys were actually lawyers.

LOL absolutely agree. It was bizarre watching this unfold in real time. I am no legal eagle but as I watched the livestream I was bewildered as to why they thought this testimony would help them.

Media didnā€™t ignore themā€¦the Twitter Files simply did not support what you believe they supported.

So yesā€¦your victimhood knows no bounds.

1 Like

I was being a bit sarcastic as the main point is that now we know laws can be perfectly abided by (legal form) BUT sadly in substance can possibly fall short of the mark as it relates to signature verification really be accomplished. Hopefully STATE legislators across America will adapt their election counting laws going forward to get better check and balancesā€¦

IMHO she will probably appeal to the AZ Supreme court.

WW

Her own witnesses (Ms. Onigkeit and Mr. Murray) pretty much sunk her case on the first day.

WW

She will because the grift on her supporters has to continue.

1 Like

IIRC, the respondents have until 1700 today (AZ Time) to file for lawyers fees to reimburse the taxpayers. (Maricopa County, Governor Hobbs, etc.)

Then the Karen Lake team will have until 1700 tomorrow (AZ Time) to file a rebuttal.

WW

2 Likes

Whether or not Lake ultimately appeals to the Arizona Supreme Court is far less important than Stateā€™s taking note.

I am sort of astonished how there is not more guidance in the prevailing Maricopa statutes already. If Arizona ever gets around to enacting an amendment I hope they in addition to mandating a minimum amount of time to review each ballot, like for example, 5 Seconds, the employee must going forward also pause and do some type of ā€œmeaningfulā€ check that can be cross checked tooā€¦ Without more specifics there could be abuses like for instance employees making the focus being more of a timekeeper only. So instead of working the ballot they could conceivably completely ignore their computer screen for even 10+seconds and then click it OK. While that technically would do the trick in abiding to the law it falls short in substance of truly making an earnest attempt to vet
the signature on each ballot to the one on the rolls. In the bigger picture surely the shortcomings within Maricopa could turn out to be a blessing in disguise where many States take this as lessons learned including firming up more their own shops up to and including maybe enhancing their own statutes in this regard.

This is an excellent article that does a good job of summarizing why Lake failed again to prove her case.

The question I have is why did she retain the services of lawyers with no experience in Arizona electoral law or electoral fraud. The cynic in me thinks she got the cheapest possible legal team so she would have access to as much cash as possible from her supporters who donated to her legal fight.

2 Likes

Her twitter says big announcement tomorrow. If I had to guess, appeal or time to get the Hobbs recall started.

https://azsos.gov/elections/ballot-measures/initiative-referendum-recall/recall#:~:text=A.R.S.,no%20specific%20grounds%20are%20required.

Little early, they canā€™t start the process for 6 months after the individual assumes office. Only then can they apply for a statement of organization and the collection of signatures.

But it could be:

• Simply an intent to do it,
  • Announcement of an appeal,
  • Announcement of a Senatorial run.

WW

3 Likes

Money well spent. Ever hear the idiom
ā€œ like watching sausages getting madeā€?

Lakeā€™s lawyers managed to get it on the official record for the Republic to see. Namely the unpleasant truths about how Maricopa gets it count done is shameful. May be legal but probably much like if people watched sausages getting made, many would vomit.

I think even Lake realizes that a recall isnā€™t going to work.

That was both before she lost in court and prior to being allowed to mount a recall effort.

:rofl:

It was 3 weeks ago - and I have no doubt that she was well-aware at that time that she would lose her case.

1 Like

Senate run is my guessā€¦

1 Like

Agreed. Sinema is coming up, and Iā€™ll bet Gallego primaries her.

In the tedium department, it sucks that Lake might have yet another election to dispute. Hopefully she gets primaried too.

I meanā€¦could the attempt even get off the ground? Surely even Arizonians might conclude that enough is enough and itā€™s time to move on.