Bulletproof backpack sales on the rise

“Even 9 mm/44 Magnum rounds will not come through the backshield,” but a .233 will.

Yeah, they used to be such a manly bunch. :neutral_face:

Yet it triggered a response out of you. Go figure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Homicide and armed robbery (duh) are down, but assaults and sexual assaults have steadily increased over the last 20 years.

One of the gripes common to students is the ton of books they have to lug from class to class because they don’t have enough time to go to their locker between classes. Throw in a bullet shield and it may be the proverbial straw. Maybe the schools will hire chiropractors and physical therapists to take care of the injured kids.

It would be interesting to try out one of these bags full of books and see if it would stop a .233.

1 Like

The fact this is a thing, is sad.

It’s entrepreneurial capitalism at its finest.

But that’s not funny.

I guess OshKosh will have to consider a body armor line In the future.

You might like to reconsider that post in the context of your posts.

By what percentage?

We Aussies don’t measure our manliness by the size of one’s guns.

1 Like

damn

who was the poster on the old board who use to always ridicule people and tell them to wrap themselves in bubble wrap? i guess this is the new bubble wrap.

Especially if they don’t end Bidens gun free zone death traps.

nonsensible

Perhaps bulletproof diapers should be next.

Someone making a buck…probably shell company run by the NRA.

To many in the US and quite possibly here on the forum seem to equate guns with rugged manliness. They also fetishize guns an awful lot. I have been on more than range where the looks of lust in the faces of some is really quite disturbing.

I am reminded of those supposedly bulletproof safe “closets” or whatever some company was promoting for classrooms a few years back after a round of mass shooting.

Irrational fear, they would be better served buying back packs with built in lightning rods, because their chance of getting struck by lightning is much higher.