Building a border wall queries

Me neither. That’s part of my query for sure. And how do I personally start one, but assure donors I’m not keeping the money? Is there some type of legal contract I could have on the page that stipulates where the money goes? Could I have the Department of HHS set it up? Or ICE? Or USMC? I really don’t know. It should be as easy as we are all thinking, but seems that things never are when it comes to money and government, lol!

Jim

Its a great premise.

Trump supporters want a wall built have the someone start a crowd funding page, As soon as its goal is met they can build the wall. I’m fully on board with this except, It will lead to a whole lot of other problems but heck why not. Lets see if the ~43% of trump supporters can come up with it, and don’t forget about the additional billions in maintenance and staffing, that of course will have to come in the form of tax since there would be no way to insure such things past it’s construction. Any member on this forum can start a page I say lets do it.

I read through some of the GFM TOS, it would seem this is possible, but admitedly I am not a lawyer and I didn’t read all the fine print.

Only thing you really need is some government bank account number for the donations to go into. I somehow think that might be difficult to obtain. Then there is that matter of GFE taking out their cut. It would be easier for the White House to set up a page themselves with direct donations although I don’t believe that is legal.

Geez we need a legal scholar here to iron this all out.

Thank you Camp! I REALLY appreciate this data. I have not had the time to look up Israel’s stats with respect to their wall construction. To put real numbers/cost to this example:

What is the cost to the U.S. Taxpayer for each illegal immigrant coming into and staying in the U.S.? Quick Google search shows numbers ranging from $113 BILLION to $300 BILLION annually! Between $8,000-$25,000 PER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT depending on the State in which they reside. So, most recent data shows actual APPREHENSIONS of illegals crossing the border is 2017 at 303,916…so let’s call it 304,000 my website citation is below:

Again, these are APPREHENSIONS, imagine how many were not caught! This same link says we have an estimated 12-14 MILLION illegals in the U.S. now. Anyway, for the esoteric mental math exercise let’s say there are 14 million illegals here now and approximately 304,000 DON’T GET APPREHENDED ANNUALLY (likely double that, but)

Divide the $300B cost by the 14M illegal number gives us $21,428 cost per illegal immigrant Then if we use the low number of $116B by the same 14M illegals, the cost per illegal is $8,285. These numbers are reasonably close to what the cited article is stating our cost is as US Taxpayers!

Now take that number of 304,000 illegals NOT CAUGHT per year and multiply it by the 2 numbers we just calculated and you get a range of ANNUAL INCREASE in costs to US TAXPAYERS of $2.5B - $6.5B!! This is on top of the $116-300B number already costing us money.

How can a wall not help the U.S.? Israel had a 98.5% DECREASE in illegals. If we had even 90% decrease we save $2.25B-5.85B PER YEAR. This alone pays for the wall in less than 10 years. Then, deport 50% of the 14 M already here and we have more annual savings of $57,99B on the low end to $326.67B on the high end,

We could eliminate homelessness, starving US children, provide services for all of our homeless veterans, and still have money to pay down our national debt, AND cut taxes for all US Taxpayers further.

The numbers really are staggering if you stop and think about them.

Thanks for reading and providing input! Together we are definitely stronger, and we have the ability to solve many problems with this 1 “partial” fix which is building a wall. In my opinion, of course :wink:

Peace,
Jim

1 Like

Hey Midwestindy!

Thanks for your input for sure! I didn’t even think about the fees related to these accounts. Duh! Man, I can be scatter-brained sometimes for sure.

If you see my post below regarding the amount of money saved annually with “example” numbers of illegals stopped, I don’t see a tax increase need anywhere. And, maybe the NAFTA negotiations will end up saving the US more money with respect to trade deficits? Not to be too Pollyanna, but it is nice to hope for such good things :wink:

I am going to reach out to Jim Renacci here in Ohio and maybe Jim Jordan to see if I can get some insight/feedback from them. Thank you again!

Peace,
Jim

Sounds good. You might however want to hold off on the Jim Jordan thing. He may be on his way out if you’ve seen the recent news.

Yeah, I heard the wrestling stuff today. I am very skeptical of the validity of that story. I suspect there will be many such hit pieces coming out on all the Oversight Committee Repubs soon as they continue to press the DOJ/FBI.

But, who knows, right? I pray it is a farce, for Jim’s sake and the wrestlers.

Jim

I’m not going to quote your whole post because of it’s length, but what I will add here is in your scenario you are only considering the supposed cost of each illegal. What you failed to do was subtract what economic benefit each illegal may bring with them. Its not really logical or intellectually honest to suggest the every illegal in the country ends in a net cost. Thats not me saying you aren’t honest, just saying it isn’t an accurate statement.

I dare say there are probably plenty of illegals who come here, work at a low cost, produce a good size benefit to their employer pay taxes by way of ITIN and thus the economy and don’t actually partake in any government related expenses. Now that is not stated as a fact but a conjecture. If I have time I’ll do more research and come up with some numbers.

The facts have yet to come out, but I dare say from what I have read it seems pretty damning, and given what happened at tOSU, it isn’t a far strech to imagine it being true. Just from the witness accounts presented so far, no one involved in the story except Jordan himself has offered contradictory evidence. One would have to convince themselves that a very larger number of people all came together and agree to concoct a story, and that doesn’t seem logical to me.

Wait. i thought you people were committed so much to the wall that you’d be willing to put up YOUR OWN MONEY. Requiring that the government pay you back is not that.

“known savings to the taxpayers” is funny.

Back on topic, I think the idea here is to come up with solutions to make this viable. I have already been working on some automated construction concepts which could be of great value to a project of this scale.

Furthermore, I have a bit of web development experience that I could use to build a website.

Give them a call or email and ask

So Trump is keeping out terrorists?

Holy Billy Madison!

I saw go for it. Gonna have to figure in some shrinkage though because a project that size, someone is going to skimming off the top, it’s inevitable.

Umm yeah. I’m still trying to figure out who in their right mind thinks letting banks go right back to their method of operation 10 years ago is a smart idea. It’s almost as if they are spreading their legs and inviting someone to kick them in the balls yelling rah rah right before.

1 Like

How long would surveying the site of this wall take? I imagine they can’t just throw up a wall without doing extensive surveys.