"Build Back Better" equals Make China Great not America

As I said to Zantax, I didn’t have many choices. Samsung and Sony both assemble their low to mid range models in mainland China as well.

There was nothing that I could afford at the time that was made outside of mainland China.

It was either that, or no TV at all.

or at least had the chips made there, I know. That pretty much applies to all tvs even high end ones.

That’s the caveat. With today’s consumer electronics, it’s virtually impossible to find non-Chinese products. The world never should have allowed itself to be put in that position.

1 Like

I understand RC. It’s just a concept that all of us need to keep in mind when and where we choose to spend our dollars.

Yep. That’s what sucks about the modern economy.

When you purchase a product just because it says “assembled in United States or Japan or Germany” doesn’t mean all of its components originated in those countries.

Historically, those are my three favorite countries to support in terms of manufacturing.

In my view it should be, no democracy, no trade. Free your people and get back to us.

2 Likes

…and there’s a lot of truth to that. Do you check labels of where something was made, as a factor in making your purchasing decision? I do and when Sam Walton was alive, he proudly had all through his Walmart stores…“made in the USA”. It’s just something all of us should be conscious of, IMO.

WalMart couldn’t even build a website.

Seriously.

WalMart could do that…they fell behind Amazon because they were stuck in a brick and mortar mindset.

When they first built their website, they asked their BRICK AND MORTAR customers what it should look like.

And they ignored the fact that 99% of people browse and shop online on their phones…their first website SUCKED on mobile devices.

You can have all the resources- if you don’t have the right mindset, you’re ■■■■■■■

1 Like

That would be for the best.

But it’s a cycle. Consumers demand cheaper products. Business demands cheap labor.

Consumers and businesses are trapped in a cycle that they can’t get out of it. Not without destroying the relative decent modern lifestyles of the poor and the lower middle class.

Dang Xiaopeng was a genius. He maneuvered the PRC into the center of the world economy without anyone really noticing. Mao was too ideological and too stupid to pull off what Xiaopeng did.

1 Like

Oh everyone noticed but you know, greed.

He is getting richer, but the products come from mom and pop stores. It helps the little guy make a living as well.

Greed and envy, the deadliest of all the great sins.

And we can’t blame one party for that either.

Oh I can and do blame Nixon for opening the door. In retrospect that was far worse than Watergate.

1 Like

The proof of what I am saying is…he’s the richest man in the world. That wealth is coming at the expense of others. No matter how you look at it, it’s not good business for the country. It makes the wealth divide get larger and larger.

I agree with that.

1 Like

Some people do not have the means to be that choosy.

That goes against every ideal of the free market. Glad you see that now.

Greed. AKA, taking care of shareholders.

Wait…I thought greed was good? No greed, no competition, no development of new products. That is today’s American business model. Let’s change it!