Breaking: US Citizen Detained And Tortured In Saudi Arabia

So what should the US response be?

So Mr. Fitaihi is a US citizen. Who chose to live in the kingdom as a Saudi citizen, his country of birth. Where he is a citizen.

A doctor running a hospital. Not an uneducated man.

What should the US response be? Are we claiming jurisdiction over him?

So does that mean the US government rejects the Saudi position that heā€™s a citizen of the kingdom?

If thatā€™s the case, it should be the same as any other case where one of our citizens is tortured by a foreign government.

The weird bit here is that our ally is torturing Americans.

That doea not change the fact that when i become a US citizen I will be able to vote in American and British elections and I will be able to have two passports. My US citizenship will make me as American as you and I wil still be British.

You will never be as American as I. You are not ā€œAmericanā€ at all. You are a US citizen. A legal status.

That wasnā€™t what I asked. You made a claim. It was wrong. Itā€™s ok.

I have a son who was a US citizen at birth. He was also the citizen of another country at birth. Thereā€™s a reason I know these things.

Not to mention I worked for the State Department for a few years.

Do I take advice on legal issues from somoneone on a message board or take the advice of an experienced legally trained immigration lawyer :thinking:

And yes As much as it galls you I will be as american as you. God bless America and bring on the new America which will be forged by the new Americans.

1 Like

It actually isnt for the United statesā€¦the women are but for the men we have laws in place for thatā€¦place like canada and europe are gonna have an issue.

Read it again.

You are not ā€œAmericanā€ nor will you ever be. You are a US citizen, a legal status. Thereā€™s a difference.

What should the US response be?

There is a difference but not in the way you and most other zenophobes proclaim.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty disgusting.

I am not a zenophobe. The difference is exactly what I said it is. I lived in Latin America for 25 years. Doesnā€™t make me a Latino.

Iā€™ll thank you to keep your mealy-mouthed name calling to yourself.

Hes an americanā€¦we are better than thisā€¦ nitpicking like this causes the problems we are in now

1 Like

Iā€™m a naturalized US citizen and sorry to burst your bubble, but I am as American as you are.

No, he is not. He is a US citizen.

No, you are not. You are a US citizen. Why are you offended? It is a simple fact.

LOL okay I wont be an American but we both know I will be. Except for becoming the President I will have all the same rights as you, I will be as American as Dads Apple Pie :grinning:

And you Sneaky are as English as I. As i always say inside every American is an Englishman wanting to get out.

Well the last ome was supposed to kick off some sanctions but thats didnt happenā€¦what should happen is talks and most likely an apology and reparations for the manā€¦

What is your definition of an ā€œAmericanā€? Please tell me why Iā€™m not American.

Youā€™re only American because we gave you legal status and nothing more.

Sorry if that offense you.

And now you want to change America?

Sorry but that give immigrants a bad name.