Breaking: Trump will look 'very strongly' at granting pardon to Edward Snowden

Trump was very adamant about Snowden being a traitor.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/395683702757662721?s=21

If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
–Winston Churchill on the British support for the Soviet Union after the Hitler’s armies invaded.

The elements of surveillance agencies and their co-conspirators who lead the unsuccessful coup against the elected government of the US are the real traitors in my opinion.

Snowden may provide useful information on the ongoing investigations, which is another reason for a pardon.

But according to trump, Snowden is a traitor who should be executed. What changed mind?

Wut?

:rofl:

When Hitler invaded Hell.

He wants to troll Biden with the Pardon. That’s all.

1 Like

People laughed at Trump when he said that the Obama Administration was “tapping his phones”. The reality was the bogus FISA warrants were used to record all the calls digitally = digital tapping.

Without Snowden’s revelations, Trump may not have had the understanding of what he was up against. Without Snowden the US could have seen a successful coup against the elected government.

Snowden may still have useful information that would help with investigations or which at least provides context to the operations of the surveillance agencies.

Maybe the direction in which those spy agencies directed their spying had some effect.

Rightfully so.

Trump was not subject to a FISA warrant.

Snowden’s “revelations” have nothing at all to do with FISA warrants.

1 Like

Snowden didn’t work for the FBI.

The Trump campaign was subject to wiretaps; even CNN admitted that:

Snowden showed that surveillance includes calls by people who are in contact with the subject to the investigation. They were certainly monitoring Trump and his close advisers.

You didn’t click on that link before you posted it, did you?

Since that story is old - and has since been disproven - they added a note at the top. I’m guessing you didn’t read it:

On December 9, 2019, the Justice Department Inspector General released a report regarding the opening of the investigation on Russian election interference and Donald Trump’s campaign. In the report, the IG contradicts what CNN was told in 2017, noting that the FBI team overseeing the investigation did not seek FISA surveillance of Paul Manafort: “We were also told that the team also did not seek FISA surveillance of Manafort…and we are aware of no information indicating that the Crossfire Hurricane team requested or seriously considered FISA surveillance of Manafort.”

1 Like

Snowden was a contractor for the NSA, not the FBI.

Manafort and the rest of the Trump campaign was still under surveillance based on the bogus FISA warrant against Carter Page.

I was assured above that Trump didn’t even know who snowden is, and now you’ve pulled up at least 3 old tweets.

Embarrassing.

You assumed incorrectly. Trump knew full well who Snowden was.

No, they weren’t. Carter Page was under surveillance. No one else. No other phone lines were tapped.

If Manafort called Page, maybe he was recorded. But at the time the first FISA warrant went into effect, Page had already been dismissed by the campaign.

I assumed nothing. I said I was assured above that Trump didn’t know who snowden is.

Embarrassing.

What’s embarrassing is that Trump doesn’t even remember who Snowden is despite calling for his execution multiple times.

History shows that we have pardoned far more accused traitors than we have every convicted.

George Washington pardoned leaders of the Whiskey Rebellion in western Pennsylvania.

Lincoln and Johnson pardoned Confederate soldiers and officials.

The Constitution puts severe restrictions on trying someone for treason. Those restrictions exist because treason had been the favorite excuse used by English kings to execute political enemies. The frequent use of pardons also comes from that history.