Breaking: trump fires jeff sessions (Trump has not fired Sessions added by mod)

^ Can anyone explain to me why this isn’t today’s headline in all media outlets?

Trey Gowdy’s comments recently on Jeff Sessions: “There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else.”

Trump’s response today via tweet: “I wish I did”

Trump has critiqued Sessions before, but today for the first time he has announced publicly he wants someone else in that position. So, can someone explain to me, why doesn’t he get someone else?

1 Like

If Sessions had an ounce of integrity he would have already resigned. The fact is Sessions had already planned to recuse himself BEFORE Trump offered him the AG job. That Sessions did not inform Trump of this was pretty dishonest. That’s why Trump was so upset, Trump was like look dude if I had known you were not going to do the job I would have picked someone else.

2 Likes

Inversely, why would Sessions put up with this toxic ■■■■■■■■ and insanity from someone who has no respect for him? Sessions is awful, but Trump is a dignity wraith.

1 Like

I believe this thread fits the very definition of fake news.

2 Likes

What job, specifically?

1 Like

I almost feel sorry for him. The one right thing he did has made him hated among all his staunchest supporters. He even lost his seat to a Democrat.

Almost.

1 Like

Like someone who would not do their job?

1 Like

According to Trump, protecting Trump.

1 Like

Precisely .

1 Like

can we have a link please

1 Like

True. Which is why Trump’s infamous

“Where is my Roy Cohn?”

whining is so creepy. Do “the job”? Trump doesn’t have a ■■■■■■■ clue what an attorney general is or what an attorney general does.

1 Like

Because Jeff Sessions is finally in his dream job where he gets to punch Mexicans and keep black people from voting and putting the screws to pot smoking hippies. Sessions loves doing that more than he loves himself.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thread title is misleading…however

Is Trump so weak that he would whine on tweet about something that he has the absolute power to change? Why tweet that instead of just firing him?

1 Like

If you think the job of the AG and the DOJ is to protect the President from investigations into the Presidents crimes, then yes you might think Sessions isn’t doing his job.

He didn’t know he would recuse himself before he took the job, that’s made up gibberish. Sessions didn’t know that his lying about not having any contact with Russians would come to light when he perjured himself during his Senate confirmation. He really didn’t have any choice if he wanted to maintain a shard of credibility.

Good luck firing him though. Even the Trump enabling Republican Senate would probably call that a bridge too far and refuse to confirm a replacement.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that long ago that conservatives were applauding Sessions for doing the right thing, and pointing to the recusal as proof that a) There was nothing to this investigation and b) Team Trump understood the law and supported it.

He didn’t have a choice, he can’t preside over an investigation where he is a person of interest or involved. Who do you think he is? Eric Holder?

1 Like

Is it possible he is doing precisely what Trump wants? Clinton survived impeachment, gained in popularity because the public turned on the investigators…

That seems to be happening again. As the conspirators are revealed, seen for what they are the tide is turning in Trump’s favor. If Trump declassifies everything before midterm election, in time for the total conspiracy to be revealed, what will that do to the midterms?

Because Trump is a ■■■■■■■ moron?

I mean, politically, he really shouldn’t fire the guy. But if that is your calculation, you should shut the hell up about it.

In what alternate universe is Trump more popular now? Certainly not in the real world.