BREAKING: Ohio GOP House Speaker in FBI custody

This is the result of big corporation dark money in politics. Time for major reforms.

“Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder and four others are reportedly in federal custody, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

Also in federal custody are former Ohio GOP chairman Matt Borges, lobbyist Neil Clark, lobbyist and Ohio Civil Rights Commission member Juan Cespedes and political consultant Jeff Longstreth, according to a source familiar with the investigation.”

1 Like

Yikes. The timing could not be worse for the OH GOP. If Trump loses Ohio, then it’s game over.

Word jumbles and trump is Rrrrwwwaahhhhhhhhhh!!

Have a cup of coffee.

It is bad news for trump and pence.

Cannot afford to lose Ohio.

Everyone knows it.

Allan

Political timing?

the U.S. Attorney’s office said it is holding a 2:30 p.m. press conference today related to $60 million in bribes paid to a state official and associates.

If this is accurate and they’ve caught bastards bribing…I hope they prosecute and lock up those that paid and those that played. I don’t give a rat’s ass which side of the aisle you’re on. This crap has got to stop.

11 Likes

Perfect.

FBI is deep state.

Allan

Insightful discourse as always. Thanks for the reply.

9 Likes

Just asking questions. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

1 Like

Ooh this is Bad News Bears for the fall.

100 days out from the election. Not good for the OH GOP. Not good for Trump. This is a disaster all the way around for Republicans.

The ads are going to be brutal.

1 Like

Seems like former Ohio governor Kasich promoted corruption in his state

1 Like

Apparently, Householder was one of four or five “in custody.” Now, one of them is reported to be a guy named Matthew Borges. A few years ago, John Kasich backed then chair of the Republican party against a challenge from a Trump supporter. Kasich also appointed another of the men - a man named Cespedes (sp?) to an arts commission position. Of course as Governor, Kasich would know other prominent Ohioans in his party, so it’s likely he had party ties to these men. I just wonder if he’s drifting toward Biden solely because of his dislike of Trump. Gov. John Kasich stands behind Matt Borges in looming Ohio GOP leadership fight - cleveland.com

1 Like

Totally someone else’s fault. The randomizer selects…Kasich! Yeah, totally Kasich’s fault.

5 Likes

Interesting…all Kasich cronies.

It’s actually already game over and Ohio will make no difference.

1 Like

Even if it is over, and I’m not super confident the next three and a half months are going to be the same old same old given the past four, it is extremely important to pummel the ■■■■ out of the GOP for this nonsense as badly as possible.

If they took bribes, ■■■■ 'em.

And Larry Householder should have been arrested for that name if nothing else.

7 Likes

Now that made me laugh.