Breaking news. Cleveland Indians to change their name

What is offensive by the name Cleveland Indians? Even though 90% of American Indians polled said they didn’t give a toss about the Washington Redskins name I can at least understand were that could be considered offensive. Cleveland Indians though?

I can almost guarantee you there’s some white progressive sitting somewhere behind the scenes of the organizations pushing this stuff that looks like this.

1 Like

So chiefs should go next, right?

1 Like

They can change their name to Milk toast & their new mascot Pee-Wee Herman.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!

1 Like

Woman, as you correctly pointed out in the picture.

The story must go on.

The Cowboys. :wink:

1 Like

Which groups? Name them.

Wrong team … try again.

You too. We are talking about he Cleveland Indians, not the Washington Redskins.

Tradition.

What is disrespectful about calling a team the Indians as opposed to say the Vikings or the Pirates or the Cowboys? Seems like the only safe thing to do is only use the names of colors or inanimate objects, like the Browns and the Rockies. The Heat is okay too, I suppose.

As a person of Scandinavian heritage, I think the next to go should be the Vikings.

2 Likes

They made a sequel relatively recently.

Not saying it was good or anything

My tribe didn’t.

OK. Fine.

Let it go.

damnit.

Why do you believe all Native Americans were offended? Do you think we all think a like?

How dare some people take the whining of a few Native Americans and try say that these few Native Americans represent all Native Americans.