Breaking: House Ways and Means committee requesting the IRS copies of trump’s tax returns

Nope, it’s called due diligence

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

No one forced Donald Trump to run for President. If he’s done nothing wrong, he has nothing to hide.

And they “can’t believe what they’re finding”…

Must be some long report the are putting together.

Do the people really have to know whether or not their President is a crook? Some would argue that Nixon was wrong.

1 Like

Its called using the tools of government purely for political self serving purposes.

1 Like

It’s called not illegal.

Seriously, what are you concerned about? I’m sure fat donald is squeaky clean.

So the new order of transparency will be continual investigations of any newly elected President to see if anything can be found illegal.
And would it be appropriate for the President to order investigations of any member of Congress to see if they can find something, anything?
It would be the same principle.

1 Like

Don’t worry…there will be a Democratic President and a GOP Congress again one day…then you’re world will be OK because you’ll see such investigations as necessary to protect the interests of the American people again.

It always is easier to be on offense than defense.

2 Likes

You think this is NEW?

LOL.

Way and Means Committee haters gonna hate.

If there is reason to investigate suspected wrongdoing, I think it would be criminal not to investigate. I don’t know why you feel otherwise. Let’s get Clinton’s investigation going already since we know she’s a crook.

If so, many here wanting to investigate every aspect of Trump will be calling witch hunt and saying how if his Constitutional rights to privacy are invaded then all of our rights are at risk.

Just counterpunching.

Oh, so now we care about the constitution?

Just making stuff up is not a basis.
There was no collusion nor any legitimate reason to believe there might be.

Demanding a persons tax returns just so you can find something, anything in there, that might be illegal or at least embarrassing is not probable cause.

Speaking of Consitution, where does it say that the Ways and Means committee can’t get tax returns from citizens?

I totally don’t care if the President is a crook. If he committed crimes prior to becoming President it’s’ none of my damn business.

1 Like

Constitutional right to privacy?

You’re funny.

Look, dem politicians making more nothing burgers…LOL At least they have a hobby!