Both team kneel at MLB opening game

Like so much else about Trumpism and Trump himself, that talking point turned out to be as substantive as a bag of fart.

Until the umpire says “Play ball”

1 Like

Close (to seeing your point), but they make announcements over the PA regarding behavior in the stadium, including asking people to stand for the anthem, all before the umpire says “play ball”.

So wrong.

But you can still have your opinion. I’ll have mine.

People should get up off their knees. They look ridiculous.

Guidelines, not rules. “Asking.”

If you don’t like kneelers, close your eyes. No one is holding those eyelids open.

No one is making me watch or support anything.

Why does it matter to you??

How many people purchased tickets and were seated at the stadium exactly?

1 Like

it doesn’t. I’m simply laying out a few more options beyond whining about it.

Do you turn off the TV when there is a military fly by?

1 Like

Not surprised that civil rights issues are considered “idiot pet causes” by some conservatives.

Pretty sad though.

2 Likes

Who is whining??

I missed the first 100 scheduled games.

No whining then either.

I did miss it though.

I said “causes”.

Are we subject to the whims of every idiot thought a player has running through their head, or just ones you think they should be promoting??

Who makes that call??

Is tying sports to the military a form of propaganda?

yeah i know AOC leading boycotts because she hates the president is the “free market”

no. but i dont watch much sports on tv

how is a military flyby related to players going on little missions from god to make hackneyed political statements?

Why does it bother you that people want to bring attention to police brutality in this country?

1 Like

Whining about kneeling? You tell me-who is whining about that, and apparently being forced to watch it as part of the ticket price?

I don’t find their kneeling to be disrespectful to our flag or nation like in the previous cases.

Now it’s just the cause they are supporting that’s disrespectful to our nation. Which is still within their rights to support if they wish. Just like others are free to not be happy with their choice.

I understand the need to try to deflect away to AOC instead of capitalist free-enterprise businesses acting in what they see as their best interest. You called that fascism, when it’s actually just a consequence of at-will, free market employment.

Do those boycotts look anything like a sitting president sending his VP to a NFL game and ordering him to leave if someone kneels?

They have a voice. Players get interviewed all the time.