Bos'un's ChatBox

I actually went into work to get away from an argument with my daughter.

No, I’d say holidays drive even more wedges between family members than every other normal day of the year.

2 Likes

Speaking of work, I don’t want to name my employer. I’m over 50, don’t want to ge without a job, and, in all fairness to them, I enjoy some pretty decent benefits, including a generous amount of vacation time.

All the attention that’s given to Hashtag Me Too, I believe other women to be far worse to each other then men are to them. Unless you’re talking about a man like Richard Farley, on death row in California for stalking a colleague & murdering 7 other workers, generally problematic men let go when warned.

There are some pretty decent women to work with, but when they become problematic, unlike the men, women go at it for longer. And they tend to be more triple s—snide, sneaky and subtle.

I’m afraid I’ve developing a bit of resentment over putting in decades with Company X, and female supervisors consistently treat me as if I’m less capable than junior colleagues. In one unit, it was “Get (Insert Name Here) if you have any questions pertaining to our unit.”

?! Insert Name Here started 5 years after I did. Are you implying I don’t know what I’m doing? Or care?

Am I going to eat some poor soul alive should they ask me? Incidentally I caught this individual, who was thought to be the unit scholar, in numerous erroneous statements, and some of them were laughable.

In another it was “get X or Y, they’ll know”. X had seniority over me, Y is something of a laugh. She was actually being groomed for a higher level position with more responsibilities, even having just walked in the door and coming with experience in a totally different field, when she abruptly quit.

So now, I’m being treated to entry level tasks when supervisory personnel are clearly more comfortable with newer, younger employees training in priority accounts. It’s they’re triple s way of letting me know I’m not a welcome member of the group, and for various reasons, I can’t apply for transfer and suspect it would be the same nonsense even if I did.

There was one position where I was genuinely appreciated, but was tired of cleaning up the earlier shift’s mess.
Hashtag me 2, hashtag me 3, hashtag me 10 I have been sexually harassed by rutting wild turkeys yet again. Phooey! Other women are far worse to each other than any man.

1 Like

Almost there. Almost there.

I hate that they’re doing that to you. I have to wonder, do they think younger employees are going to stay with the company longer? You still have more experience- you’re more qualified.

1 Like

It’s that equality crap from Animal Farm—We’re all equal here, but some of us are more equal than others.

Yeah, they’re bending over backwards to keep newer employees from leaving—at the expense of those who have been patient and put in the time.

One unit, a unit that is predominantly male in part due to a lot of lifting, men who have been working there for decades are getting mad over employees with significantly less time getting promotions over them.

Equality and inclusion my arse.

1 Like

I feel like pigging out. We’re behind on job related training, but personnel sees fit to order yet another diversity initiative.

I totally don’t agree with the latest employee of the month, but, unlike in some places, at least he doesn’t get a special parking place.

This individual was credited with “working the (Unspecified Area) alone”…which sounds great, but is horse feathers. Five other guys and two women do the same job.

Do they not exist? Should I have myself drug tested because I may have imaginary friends?

Am I imagining helping out occasionally there myself? I wish I could come up with wasteful, nonsense ideas. I’d be on the first shift in a half million dollar house and a luxury vehicle.:exploding_head:

1 Like

Going to fix myself an Italian sausage and bell pepper dish with some rice. I was thinking about adding some diced tomatoes, and some peas to the rice, but I’m not sure about onions.

1 Like

So am I correct to substitute olive oil for soy sauce when making an Italian “stir fry”? I think that’s what I have to do.

1 Like

I think I’ll add some garlic, too.

1 Like

Onions are a good source of vitamin c and fiber.

Don’t make me hungry here, that sounds delicious!

2 Likes

Learned to wrap Christmas presents today.

1 Like

Semester is over, finally! To be honest I was scared for a second. Final grades right now are:

*Virology lecture- 94.25% A
*Virology Lab- 90.5% A-
*Ecology Lecture- 81% B-
*Ecology Lab- PW (pass withdraw…on request of the Dean of my college).
*Human Cadaver Dissection- W (withdrew upon request of the Dean- he is trying to help- didn’t take any quizzes so a W it is)
*Senior Paper/Capstone Paper- most likely an A. The Dean is also my mentor for my senior paper…I’m basing this on his feedback which I don’t want to focus too much on
*Violin- A, A- on my string jury final
*Psychology of Learning and Motivation- P

Some people want to accuse me of bragging and think that my professors will weed me out; the opposite has shown to be true this semester. I have gotten into good graces with my major professors, and grown so much. I needed this after what happened last term. For the first time, at least in a while, I’m proud of myself. I didn’t think I could make it at a university, let alone a private university like ORU. The people there are truly on another caliber and I am so lucky they have given me a chance.

Because of them I am feeling more myself and I feel there is something to live for- them and the kids at the ranch. God is good.

Goes to show that these people are full of ■■■■■ People who bully online are truly pathetic.

1 Like

Christmas is coming

2 Likes

Beautiful tree (and chair!) We are halfway through December.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks!

Got some good news I’m particularly happy about this morning, but I need some more time to share specifically what. I’m thankful to a few I spoke to about it and got a resolution.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m a bit cranky, waiting for my teenager’s COVID-19 results (bad sore throat).

My husband asked did I have results since yesterday.

Nope.

Boston results are 24 hours. (Insert name here) got his results within 24 hours.

I don’t give a flying ■■■■ about Boston. I stay out of there for a reason. Won’t even be returning for the “world class medical care”, world class, my ass.

Don’t give a flying ■■■■ about what other people do, either. I’m tired of always coming up short compared to what the locals are doing.

■■■■ this ■■■■■ I really don’t care what others do.

I’m going to wait until he’s awake and really let loose. This (Insert name here) got results yesterday, gets some kind of assistance, etc. is more what I expect from a teenager—not a grown man.

■■■■ this comparison ■■■■■ I don’t have close friends here for a reason. It’s just too different a mindset, and it’s not one I want to accept for myself. ■■■■ that ■■■■■

1 Like

I have what I have to offer and that’s it. I can’t produce more.

Since I’m that high maintenance and unpleasant, no one really has to deal with me. That’s part of why I no longer visit family in Florida, they always want something else.

You should dress to look taller. Why don’t you get contacts? You really don’t like makeup, do you?

I have very dry eyes and a complicated prescription and save makeup for formal occasions. I’m “5’3’ in my stocking feet. and since I’m that unpleasant to look at and don’t share ideas in common, they don’t have to be bothered with me—weddings, babies, nothing. My kittens are better company, anyways.

I’m just trying to avoid fighting in front of the sick teen. Someone wants something else, they can go somewhere else to get it.

2 Likes

I found some free Mexican candy at a church event. I wanted to try some, so I took some home.

There is this pineapple hard candy. I was so afraid that it was going to be spicy, so I licked it a few times and waited to see if there was a spicy aftertaste. Nope- good, as anything spicy causes me pain. So I put it in my mouth, and suck and chew on it.

I get to the middle, and taste some heat.

Turns out there’s a Jalepeno at the center.

I feel as though this is a good example of some parts of what’s been going on with me.

Nothing is as it seems. 🥲

1 Like