Bos'un's ChatBox

Newsom is very shallow in regards to what he thinks others want. Like Cuomo.

1 Like

If CA gets a new Gov, then they will surely have a mess on their hands.

1 Like

At least she was wearing a mask. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Made stir fry for the first time in a while. I haven’t had time to cook.

Rice was too dry after adding 1 and 1/3 cups of water (1 cup of rice). Decided to add some honey, let it char, and then add more honey.

ETA: Honey was a good idea, I think. Something naturally sweet. Next time I’ll probably add some pea pods lol

3 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

The Flame has talent.

1 Like

Outstanding

1 Like

May the Lord bless you and keep you ; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Number 6: 24-26. Have a Good Sunday

2 Likes

I don’t know about you, but I think this photo is rather cool… If you have any cool photos of old buildings or houses, or ghost towns, please post them. I would like to see them. Peace, Bosun

red-truck-by-an-old-gas-station-randall-nyhof

1 Like

I like this 1940 painting by Edward Hopper… Peace, Bosun

edward hopper gas station

1 Like

Ghostly Aerial Photos Frame Isolated and Abandoned Houses Scattered Across.

This is a really cool article I would like to share. Enjoy

one of my absolute favorites and prob my favorite artist

1 Like

notice hoppers use of light here. the way the light shines through the openings suggests dusk. takes great skill to do that.

the greenness of the trees transitions to dark as you go further down giving a sense of foreboding. he does this a lot in other paintings.

the entrance to the woods is nearly central in the composition, and “flagged” by the sign directly above the line of sight, as though it’s the last bright thing on the journey ahead

1 Like

My favorite too. I just visited the Art Institute of Chicago, specifically to see “Nighthawks.”

1 Like

i saw some of his works in person but not that one. on the bucket list

1 Like

One of the best museums in the country- an amazing collection.

2 Likes

I saw my first Roman gold coins at the Chicago Art Institute.

The Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte was my favorite

6 Likes

i would have thought you’d respond to those participating and responding to your art posts

post more of your faves

1 Like

Van Gogh’s style really catches my eye in a positive sense. The swirls and heavy, contrasting line art speak with sort of an informal, “messy” sense. It’s not picture perfect- a good artist, like a good musician, will pour their soul into their work. So, in this sense, it depicts Van Gogh as someone who is flawed and speaks through his art with heavy emotion, rather than a “simple and clean” type of work that is typical of so many artists- but don’t get me wrong, their art is beautiful, too. It’s just that Van Gogh’s work is unique in this aspect.

2 Likes

Those are all beautiful, Bosun. :heart:

1 Like