Border Patrol Outrage

Apparently it took a while for mom’s attorney to get it from her (or the state) and present it to them for verification.

Now do you put any blame on mom for lieing on an application in Mexico claiming her son was born in Mexico and getting him Mexican documentation that caused all this?

As an organization detaining an individual, it is CBP’s responsibility to assure they are not detaining US citizens not his mothers.

Yup. And they only detained him until it was verified he was a US citizen.

Do you not place ANY blame on the mother who Lied and got him false Mexican papers (you know the one’s that came up running his fingerprints)?

Come on man, man up and put 90% of the blame on Mom. Had that document NOT popped up, this story would most likely be a hell of a lot different.

I’ll give Mom 90% for the first day, 50% for the next two (working) days, but the rest of the three weeks is on ICE.

Is it your position that anyone detained by CBP must prove they are a citizen?

Nope.

It’s not on ICE until the Lawyer presented documentation that he was a United States Citizen. After that point it’s 100% on Ice.

Up to that point it’s on mom who can’t go in herself (she’d be pick up . . . or from the article she might already be deported to Mexico), and had to rely on a lawyer to fix her screw up of getting her US Citizen son papers from Mexico stating he was born there.

If there is stuff in the system saying they are a Mexican citizen? You really want to ask that?

You don’t need to get the information from the citizen. You can go to the city where they say they were born. That city will have the information on file.

The guy is over 18. The mother does not need to be involved.

Does this standard only apply to CBP? How about ATF? Should ATF be allowed to arrest someone and detain them and THEY have to prove they didn’t violate the law?

Guilty until you prove your innocence?

Give me an example on the ATF please and thank you.

You’d have to have one where they have SOME evidence of a crime (aka the computer file on HIS fingerprints saying he was a Mexico born citizen).

So please, for the love of god give me some kind of example on ATF that would be the same. Please and thank you.

When there is evidence of a crime (computer record indicating he was born in Mexico), you CAN be detain until a hearing/trial.

Example. Clerk at store says he saw you open a package (expensive item) and put it in your pocket. Police are called, it appears to be a brand new item (you have a reciept for the same item from a store a few months ago), but you need to find out if the serial numbers match the item from a few months ago – you can be arrested until they verify.

Example. Lady calls the cops saying you came over and assulted her. Cops show up and talk to you. You say, “Yea I was over there but I didn’t assult her.”. She has bruises, you say you were there (aka the computer record). You CAN be arrested an held during the investigation.

Want more examples?

Again – Mom years ago actually gets him the passport . . . instead of getting false paperwork from Mexico – this more than likely turns out 100% different.

Hehehe I can’t resist.

Should Jeffrey Epstein be presumed innocent and released from Jail?

I have a hard time blaming a parent for a citizen being detained ON HIS HOME SOIL when he has an ID that can only be obtained by presenting the rigorous documentation CBP needed.

I mean…why have Real ID laws if this is going to happen?

And in this day and age it shouldn’t take three weeks for anything.

What part of your little scenario are you missing?

The system must be broken. This could happen again in other cases where the mother creates an official document and states on it that their child was born in Mexico when he wasn’t so they could get a visitors visa since they are illegal themselves.
I bet that happens a lot.
Its the governments fault that happens.

What did Epstein receive that this young man did not?

Does it begin with a D and rhyme with “Blue crosses”?

Once again I will state.

Kid has real Texas ID and is on home soil nowhere near the border and having done nothing wrong.

Gets held for three weeks…people here absolve CentGov bureaucracy because Mom lied long ago.

That’s such a beautiful modeling of the conservative mindset. I think I’m going to cry.

There is a more specific term that starts with B and rhymes with earring…:grinning:

1 Like