Boeing 737 Crash Near Tehran

The INITIAL theory is that Iranian anti aircraft battery may have brought down the plane. The video and flight data would be consistent with an explosion when the plane was around 8,000 feet…not a technical issue.

Ah.

Maybe.

I know nothing of air traffic control but I know my goal would have to not been taking off on a budget airline as a war begins.

1 Like

The other possibility…without going too far into the conspiracy side…is that an entity is using Rouhani’s Twitter reference to Iran Air 655 to pin this crash on the Iranians. But I have a hard time believing the Iranians would reference that and shoot down a civilian airliner the very next day.

My guess possible someone in Iran panicked…and shot it down.

Ya we are not dealing with the smartest people in term of localized command.

Video looks like that plane was hit by AA or a SAM.

Has to be Iranian, no way U.S military would attack a commercial flight even if OBL was on it.

That would be amazing incompetence considering how close it was to the airport, but yeah, sure looks like it.

Twitter suspended a Breaking News @ that tweeted the video.

Sad just :disappointed: pulled this from CNBC. “The aircraft had been carrying citizens of Canada, Iran, Sweden and Ukraine. Ukrainian airlines suspends all flights to Iran indefinitely”.

Also said it wasn’t the plane that was having all the problems but and older Boeing.

CBC is reporting 63 Canadian died.

Canada has a sizable Iranian population a lot of people travel to visit family.

An older Boeing model (not a max) but new and delivered in 2016, this was a good plane.

If Iran is behind this, I’d guess almost all countries will suspend flights and they just also shot themselves in their own foot?

dimocrats new best friend shooting down commercial airliners…

Must be trump’s fault.

Your the only person to mention Trump in this thread.

We all know how this goes.

I broke the code.

160 people died and all you want to do is complain about liberals.

2 Likes

Do you seriously want to bring Trump into this discussion in that particular context?

And their new best friends who killed the 160 people.

name a single liberal in this thread who is best friends with Iran.