Bob Woodward’s Stunning Look into the Presidency

I like paper…

If by “the original argument in favor” you’re referring to the pitch that decreasing taxes will spur investment, well, that one’s just plain stupid. Why? you ask.
Because money for investment hasn’t been a limiting factor for corporations, far from it. Corporations have been sitting on mountains of cash. And money to borrow for investment - which is what corporations generally want to do, borrow - has been cheaply available. This was immediately demonstrated when tax cuts to corporations were turned largely into shareholder dividends and stock buybacks, with a few sops thrown in for PR purposes.

My family is boycotting them. I have to break the boycott now and then for obscure parts and things for one of my hobbies, but we only buy books from independent booksellers like Powell books online, or our local store down town.

Amazon treatment of workers if pretty terrible, and their recent take over - and subsequent befouling - of Whole Foods has us convinced they do not represent our values.

Hard to do - they are a dominant force, and incredibly efficient and affordable, but that is where we are…

Yeah, I’ve been struggling with what I’ve been reading about them too. But then, they offer paid tuition to their employees for certificate programs that need workers in their areas, so that’s a good thing. And I think they offer benefits right away when you’re hired? So I’m kind of torn. If they weren’t just so damn convenient!

Any thoughts? I haven’t had a chance to listen to much outside of the Cohn stealing the KORUS opening of the book.

For those who still don’t think Trump is a complete ■■■■■■■ moron.

Fat donald’s billionaire buddies agree!

From what I read he thinks what he did is basically treason…I think

1 Like

Fake news!! That can’t be, because I’ve had a poster swear to me that Trump is a yuuuuuge genius in economics :rofl:

1 Like

Truly astonishing and terrifying times we are living in here.

Fat donald’s multiple bankruptcies never lie! Stable genius!

1 Like

Just got past the prologue and the first chapter which, I believe, were quoted in the early stories. But so far I’m pretty intrigued with it.

1 Like

The dude is also a liar…like really bad…let me ask you how this comes off.

At the meeting with the Australian. Papa remembers they had gin. Now that’s a fairly small detail to remember…

But when asked if he told the guy about Russian he said he had no recollection.

I mean that strikes me as shady.

Incredibly shady. People don’t remember the tiniest details of a meeting, but forget about the incriminating part of a discussion.

Also, did you see the Twitter tirade he launched about all of this? It seems to me that he is a weasel of the highest order. And a convicted felon. He seems to be playing for a chance to make some of the conspiracy theory profit off of the mindless cultists when this is all said and done. And like clockwork, the drones will line up to buy his book that “exposes” the deep state conspiracy that entrapped him. :roll_eyes:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8x79d3/george-papadopoulos-totally-had-a-meltdown-on-twitter-last-night-before-heading-to-prison

Fresh from getting slapped with a two-week prison sentence for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian intermediaries advising Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, Papadopoulos borrowed a favorite trope of the president’s, launching a Twitter rant Monday night in which he suggested foreign powers had been out to get him.

In a series of tweets, he implied shadowy political forces in Australia and the U.K. had targeted him, and he asked the FBI to investigate.

Oh I saw it. He thinks Harper was a set up. He’s been saying that for awhile now, but we all know that’s false. The FBI using Harper as an informant is classic police work.

The issue and this goes for trump as well. Papa is a liar and thus he got caught up in his lies that he ruined it for himself.

Same for trump.

1 Like

Yep. They are both lying liars. And so far, at least one of them is a convicted felon who will serve prison time for being a lying liar. It makes sense why Papadopoulos was a part of this corrupt organization of crooks and liars. Birds of a feather and all of that…

Still can’t believe he only got 14 days. Something really smells there.

Meh…as @Safiel I think has correctly pointed out, this was within the sentencing guidelines range. Sure, on the shorter side, but still within the allotted range. 14 days or 6 months are irrelevant in the grand scheme. He is forever a convicted felon as a result of his actions. And has worked with the Special Counsel enough to fulfill his part of the plea agreement to their satisfaction. I trust Mueller on this one. And yes, Mueller did ask for the maximum of this range, to set an example for any others who seek to try and deceive him and his investigators. But the point is still made here.

What will be telling is how Papa’s testimony ripples down the rest of Mueller’s work. Then we’ll know.

1 Like

Absolutely. What continues to fascinate me is just how much Mueller knows that none of us even begin to understand is even a thing to know. And that has also got to terrify some people in the Trump orbit as well.