Bipartisan Constitutional Amendment to Overturn Citizens United Introduced

https://teddeutch.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=399461

Congressman Ted Deutch (D-FL), Congressman Jim McGovern (D-MA), Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-MD), and Congressman John Katko (R-NY) introduced a bipartisan constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics and restore democratic power to the American people.

The Democracy for All Amendment affirms the right of states and the federal government to pass laws that regulate spending in elections, reversing the concentration of political influence held by the wealthiest Americans and large corporations capable of spending millions of dollars in our elections.

I would like to see this passed.

1 Like

It’s about damn time, corporations are not people my friend.

If it applies to Google, Twitter, Facebook and all corporations that own social media and search engines…this is a good law? If it doesn’t, it’s nothing more than an illicit attempt to sway the vote in the liberal direction and should be canned?

What would be applied to search engines or social media sites? This seems like a random sentence generator.

3 Likes

This is one of the few issues that should have bipartisan support.

2 Likes

is there a coherent thought in that mess of a post that would actually give the reader and understanding of how this applies to a search engine?

3 Likes

Yes. Get all of this big money out of politics. It has already done substantial damage to our politics and ability for people to govern.

Mr. Alito was DEAD WRONG in his prediction about what would happen.

2 Likes

So… Current campaign finance laws favor Republicans? So noted.

1 Like

What’s “neutral” for $500 Alex?

Not current campaign laws.

Do they favor one side or the other?

Ummm…what?

Do you want like a Fairness Doctrine for search engines and social media?

No.

10 Fairness Doctrines

Leave it to cons to be against takin big money out of politics. Drain the swamp my ass

1 Like

Which side supports Citizens United?

I don’t think he knows what he wants other than complaining because the CEC told him to.

Also: that’s not how Jeopardy works. :grin:

There’s one thing I know in life, and it’s that if Democrats are for something then it’s a bad idea. Republicans would be foolish to believe Democrats want what’s best for America. They just want what’s best for themselves. We need Citizens United because it keeps Democrats out of power.

Like WW II and the moon landing?

It’s hilarious that you have to go back to the moon landing to find a good idea by a Democrat.

Even though it was Republicans who made it happen.