Biographer says Trump is a traitor

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/23/pulitzer-winning-reporter-david-cay-johnston-the-evidence-suggests-trump-is-a-traitor/

Very interesting interview with David Cay Johnston, who has written several books about Donald Trump. Johnston hits several subjects in this interview. He, of course, talks about Trump. He says Mueller has Trump’s tax returns.

This statement by Johnston sums it up.

Blockquote Let me be very clear and quotable about this. At an absolute minimum, Donald Trump has divided loyalties, and the evidence we already have suggests that Donald Trump is a traitor. In fact, I would say that the evidence we already have, the public materials such as emails for example, strongly indicate that Donald Trump is a traitor. However, I don’t even think he understands what he’s done.

As much as I despise Trump…reporters, pundits, and political entertainers don’t get to make this call.

If he truly is a traitor he should meet the same fate as the Rosenbergs. But I read through the first half of the article and it was just rehashed allegations of the same rehashed allegations we’ve all heard about.

It’s a heck of a stretch from that to treason.

I don’t know whether I’d go so far as to call Donald a traitor…that implies a deliberate attempt to undermine the nation. I’m more inclined to think that he cares about nothing and no one so much as himself. That, compounded by the fact that he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, means he’s accidentally one of the worst things to happen to the country.

2 Likes

I hate to be that kill joy again.

But even if Trump is in full collusion with Russia for nefarious purposes, he is not a traitor, he has not committed treason.

We are not at war with Russia nor are we in active hostilities with Russia, so it is impossible to commit treason on Russia’s behalf against the United States at the present time.

Donald’s not guilty of treason, just self-absorbed idiocy and mendacity bordering on pathological.

You’re just saying that because he has an R next to his name. (wink)

Or maybe because irrespective of what party he exploited he’s just an utter ■■■■ excuse for a human being. :wink:

1 Like

You sound like you are describing a 70-year-old man who goes around grabbing the crotches of 20-year-olds and then brags that they’ll let him because he is rich.

Eh…maybe technically but this would be parsing really hard

The guy is talking out of his ass trying to sell books.

1 Like

If it made it to print, it must be true. :roll_eyes:

ain’t that the truth.

the author sounds obsessed with Donald Trump… kinda like a Mark David Chapman.

Seems this Biographer needs to go back and educate him self on the Definition and legal definition of Traitor.

Trump has done nothing to aid any enemy of the country since we are currently not directly in a state of war with any nation.

Unless you count Terrorism and Drugs,

One for each personality.

1 Like

I pretty much agree with what you say. I do think he’s very selfish and self-centered. And I agree he’s not as smart as some appear to think he is. I agree with Johnston’s assessment of the election, too, that it was his reality show image that helped elect him.

Aiding and abetting a foreign power would be treason.

Many experts have said Collusion is not a criminal act not is it treason.

You mean pundits? So? “Experts” here have been saying that, too. Bob Mueller is investigating collusion. Take your own conclusion from that.