Billionaire Bezos Busted

Right? If anything, I’ve had items packed TOO well, sometimes. Or items that came in boxes much larger than was needed with lots of packing materials to make up for it.

I’m about to send back a set of bluetooth ear protectors I bought for yard work this summer, but that’s not Amazon’s fault. The connection constantly cuts in and out, and I anticipate another smooth return. They refund you as soon as the return shipping label has been scanned by the postal carrier.

One of the main reasons I love Amazon is that I can get things I just can’t get conveniently otherwise. Nearly everything I order on Amazon is either a product I’d have to travel 30+ minutes to buy, or an item that is significantly higher quality and cheaper than what I could buy in person.

I guess the bigger point here is that neither Republican economic policy, nor the goodness in the hearts of big corporate CEOs, are going to fix working conditions like this, and Lord (the author of the story linked in the OP) is only now concerned about it because Trump is engaging in a war with Bezos because Trump is jealous Bezos’ wealth.

Trickle down isn’t going to fix this. Tax cuts aren’t going to fix this. Deregulation isn’t going to fix this. Union-busting isn’t going to fix this.

What’s doubly ironic is that there’s a 0% chance Lord will hold Trump to the same “buck stops at the top” standard to which he’s holding Bezos.

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly dumb phrase to choose for that piece. It immediately brought eh same question to mind for me as well.

As a family , we are trying to order less from them.

It’s impossible to avoid them completely. I recently had to order two things through Amazon because I couldn’t figure out how to get eh products locally. Literally couldn’t find them anyplace else…

1 Like

Its amazons fault you buy crappy stuff!

1 Like

You didnt post any facts. You posted you wanted to change the subject to something else. Nice try though.

So, Walmart offers products people want, and prices they’re willing and able to afford to pay, and that’s a bad thing?

Mom and Pop stores are infallible?

Case in point, yes, a personal example, but here goes: I’ve had bad eyesight since I was a young adult. Now, do do going bifocal and developing a visual alignment problem, my prescription is expensive.

Glasses at my local mom and pop shop would be quite a bit more expensive–frames starting at $100. Prism lens for double vision costs $16.

Walmart, only 5 miles away, has frames starting at $8, prism goes for $10. Product is just as good, as well as service, at their optical as it is at a more expensive franchise or local small optical.

Mad about now editing function. Walmart is only 5 minutes away, not miles.:crazy_face:

libs…

Hands up don’t shoot.

Even after its proven false your brains are still programmed that way.

likewise … I said multiple times I was referring to Amazon’s handling and shipping but you continue with “product quality is not Amazon’s fault”.

Libs can’t accept anything other than your narrative and then they use deception when ignoring what the facts are.

At least 95% of the time, I only buy Amazon Prime items.

For starters, you listed multiple complaints against Amazon, and we addressed those.

Then you tried to narrow it down to shipping and handling, which we also addressed. Apparently your brain isn’t programmed to see people directly responding to you on that issue.

Next time, read a little more closely before having another hissy!

What are “Amazon Prime items” and how do they different in quality compared to non-Prime items?

what are Amazon Prime items?

You asked that? Really?

They don’t. They are just items eligible for prime shipping.

Amazon is a service. Its like the welfare line and the company store. Its not just a shopping outlet. Its a provider. Modern Convenience is Social Welfare. Bezos is a God! Trump only wishes.

The post to which you were responding was discussing ordering from both Amazon and third-party sellers. You said:

And that response makes zero sense. I asked specifically what you meant by that.

The only effect Prime has on items is how quickly they get to you and sometimes being cheaper because you subscribe to Prime.

My point exactly. CMI said he orders “Amazon Prime items AT LEAST 95% of the time” which doesn’t make any sense in the context of the post to which it was the response.

You want lucidity. What makes you think you are going to get it? Just enjoy the carnival ride.

I couldn’t say. I can say that the owner of a company has a choice to make regarding his/her employees, as to just how much he cares about them. Some don’t. Some do and some are in between. It doesn’t appear that Bezos does. Now…consumers have a choice to make with who they will support with their dollars. Personally, I have never spent a dime with Amazon. I don’t shop at Walmart either. I choose to shop local entities that some refer to as “mom and pop” stores. I have always been a believer in that what goes around, comes around. I’d rather pay a bit more and shop locally…knowing that the money will stay in the community and eventually come back to be spent by them on my business.

No, the fastest way to stop it would be to stop giving them special incentives, particularly property tax reductions and exemptions.

One regulation I’d love to see is one that cuts off their ability to make political donations in jurisdictions they are not already represented.

I’m not a republican, never have been nor have I ever been a proponent of completely unfettered capitalism without regulation.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is an independent

1 Like