Bill Barr quits

He’s taking what is effectively “Terminal Leave”.

What a surprise.

Trump can’t fail, he can only be failed.

Anti-Trumpers have spent the last five years underestimating the man. They seem to have learnt nothing from the experience. They are still doing the same thing. Sign of madness, they say.

1 Like

I am liking Barr’s parting gift stating that the CIA did not spy on the 2016 Trump campaign and that the “Bombshell” Durham report is looking at a small group of FBI types.

Yeah, we knew that.

Sorry. Been out of the loop for a while.

1 Like

I don’t recall any talk of the CIA. It has always been Stzok et al.

1 Like

I believe he can. And this might be the major reason that Trump wanted Barr out and Rosen in.
The problem as I see it is that there is already a ongoing investigation. To bring in a Special Counsel is not warranted.

That was may thinking as well why Barr retired.

If investigation has found something and worried that Biden might nic it. Then yes appoint one. Yes Biden can still kill it but optic of it wouldn’t look good.

From what I have read Biden could not make any changes to a special council investigation. Which would be what Trump wants. However since there is a ongoing investigation any move of naming a special council would be seen as totally political. And at that point I am not sure if Congress could intervene or not.

Biden will kill any investigation on Jan 20th unless one is appointed.

1 Like

Trump’s the one who has a history of trying to kill investigations. Cough…Flynn.

Is that what fake left-wing media said?

Yeah, because elections have consequences.

That’s right…they do.

I can accept that unlike some here. :wink:

I think that a lot of folks would be really surprised at the number of crimes people have gotten away with because of elections. A lot of it at local levels.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be.

It’s what make it attractive.

more fake news? please show us anywhere that it has ever been proposed that the cia did. what the cia did (not really the cia, just clapper), was allow a knowingly fraudulent investigation to go forward when they could have stopped it in its tracks with the truth.

2 Likes

They seem not to realize that CIA is forbidden to work domestically by law.

1 Like

Clapper was NSA.

Brennan was CIA…

They both lied to American people and to congress.

4 Likes