Big day in Jan 6 verdicts

How much time and for what?

Is there something you cna reference other than emotion?

Over 1000 arrests.

The crime…he had a tazer walking stick in his pocket while he was sitting at Pelosi’s desk so he is being threatened with 20 years behind bars.

1 Like

Charge and crimes aren’t the same thing.

Again you are railing against the law as written based on your emotional attachment to the defendants. Not against the system that allows people who act like him to face that much time.

let’s see what the pre sentencing report says.

By the end of June 2020, at least 14,000 people had been arrested.[4][38][39] By June 2020, more than 19 people had died in relation to the unrest.

George Floyd protests - Wikipedia.

Are you saying the feces spread on walls was from Schumer aides? Let’s see this source.

That’s 300 FEDERAL charges. There are thousands of other state and local charges.

What makes you think the peope in that Simpson Meme are the ones charges with seditious conspiracy?

"carrying a walking stick equipped with a 950,000-volt stun device when he entered the Capitol with a riotous mob. " I wonder what he planned to use that for?

Hugs. He was going to use it for hugs.

1 Like

He was being a good Samaritan?

I mean if anyone had a heart attack he had an improvised AED ready to go?

WW

1 Like

The BLM riots were substantially worse in every way. Billions of dollars worth of damage to purely innocent businesses. Police stations burned down. Many more people were injured and killed. It also set in motion the essential legalization of criminal activity for so-called oppressed groups.

2 Likes

Other than that one CNN meme, how do you figure it was downplayed?

I same every day, every channel coverage of the riots every night.

If it bleeds, it leads, and the riots led for a month or more.

Need a picture of the spectacle in the Rotunda the Democrats put on pretending off duty police officer Brian Sicknick was murdered by protestors.

Democrats laying it on thick.

(Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick Died Of Natural Causes, Medical Examiner Rules : NPR)

1 Like

I saw every liberal on here saying “I support the protests.” Every action was rationalized, justified, and explained away. On here and in the media.

3 Likes

Oh yes, for sure, but it’s apples and orages.

the riots were widespread senseless arson and theft and destruction, in city after city for weeks - months even?

J-6 was one day centered around the counting of the electoral votes to transfer power. They weren’t aiming to burn and loot (outside of a few ■■■■■■■■ stealing souvenirs). They were trying to stop the transfer of power. Totally different animal. Both bad, but both different.

1 Like

I support the protests.

I condemn the riots.

But that’s not the question. You claimed:

Re: the media, it was the leading story night after night after night. Wall to wall coverage from what I remember.

Right. And saying the riots were justified, rationalizing the arson, looting, vandalism…

1 Like

Who said the riots were justified?

Have you not seen any thread on this forum during that time? Hell there were posters saying the fires were justified and they’re not really causing that much damage.

1 Like

Interesting numbers. Of the 14,000 arrests how many were prosecuted and are serving sentences in prison.
A previous poster indicated there have been 300 criminal prosecutions and (some) sentences handed out of 27 months and a handful of 5 years.
The number of deaths is curious. Of those how many were homicides? And were the perpetrators if homicide apprehended and tried for murder. Doesn’t seem likely considering reported sentences were “27 months and five years”.

1 Like