Biden's Stimulus Package

we’ll have to burn a lot more coal to match the electric demand.

2 Likes

You know, that sounds like its really expensive and needless. Why not just buy ev’s going forward?

3 Likes

“We want to work with our Republican colleagues to advance this legislation in a bipartisan way,” the New York Democrat told reporters at a press conference. “But the work must move forward — preferably with our Republican colleagues but without them if we must. Time is of the essence.”

Why waste a week pretending there was another option? Poor performance right out of the gate by the Schumer Senate.

Where’s the virtue in that?

Updating and Centralizing the Made in America Waiver Process. (a) The Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) shall establish within OMB the Made in America Office. The Made in America Office shall be headed by a Director of the Made in America Office (Made in America Director), who shall be appointed by the Director of OMB.

The Director of OMB, through the Made in America Director, shall promptly report to the Administrator of General Services all proposed waivers, along with the associated descriptions and justifications discussed in section 4(b) of this order, and whether those waivers have been granted. Not later than 5 days after receiving this information, the Administrator of General Services shall, to the extent permitted by law and consistent with national security and executive branch confidentiality interests, make this information available to the public by posting it on the website established under this section.

Interesting new position. I look forward to the public disclosures.

Where’s my money? It’s been 2 weeks.

Mod Note

Clean up your language please.

It will come out of your savings and hit you at the grocery store even if you see the money in your account. We will lose value in the end.

I was promised money on Day 1. It’s Day 12. I want my money.

The interval for the 24 reconciliation measures ranged from a low of 27 days (for the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990) to a high of 384 days (for the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005). On average, completing the process took about five months (155 days), well beyond the two months contemplated by the timetable in the 1974 Congressional Budget Act.

As potent as reconciliation is, it’s not that fast. Schumer should have pushed harder to get rid of the filibuster. A yacht for everyone in West Virginia would’ve been a small price to pay to oil the gears of the Senate. Now we’re stuck with this rusty old process that takes a few weeks.

I don’t care about that. Jbiden promised me money. San Fran Nan and Chuckie nodded their heads.

Most of the impatience was vented during the first week when bipartisanship was courted. That had the potential of an unlimited delay. Americans know the checks are in the mail now

I’m fine with Democrats perpetually feeling the heat of American impatience. It will keep them moving.

Direct deposit. Now.

1 Like

That line never works on my creditors, don’t expect it to work on the huddled masses.

You know where their priorities lie? This pretty much sums it up.

2 Likes

My wife’s was in the form of a debit card.

The House Rules Committee will meet Tuesday afternoon to start work on the coronavirus budget reconciliation package after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer each filed budget resolutions in their respective chambers on Monday – setting up a process for Democrats to go it alone on coronavirus relief.

The action follows a meeting between a group of 10 Republican senators and President Biden on Monday night to discuss a possible bipartisan way forward on coronavirus relief. If a compromise can be reached between that group and the 50 Senate Democrats, they will have enough votes to overcome a filibuster by other Republicans.

Another turn of the gears. Seems like last night was the GOP’s last chance to pitch their plan.

Reportedly this is what it contained. Skimpy on the stimulus checks again.

You know, all this sets up the infrastructure for the federal to issue us credit cards that only Congress can charge on but we have to pay down every month.

1 Like

Wow, it starts phasing out at 40k to 50k for singles. Toll collectors or maintenance employees won’t be getting a dime unless they’re married. They’re not going to be happy.

That is equity.

Better doesn’t mean better for everyone.

I’ll bet those foreign countries all got their billions by now.

America Last

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes