Biden's rope-a-dope vs. Trump

Defund the police isn’t a politically savvy move.

Agree that the VP pick with be critical for Biden, and likewise agree that if Donald is going to have a chance he needs to get back to the nonstop rallies. Holding them outdoors seems a perfectly viable strategy - I wonder why his team isn’t doing it.

1 Like

Eventually. :wink:

I just heard him speaking on teh way home. Was listening on fox. Not sure where he was speaking.

Sounded very coherent and on message. I was actually surprised at how strong he sounded.

1 Like

Sure, but right now Donald is doing all the heavy lifting damaging his own re-election campaign. Why get in his way?

1 Like

It’s all over.

All hail president gropey joe!!

trump in a landslide.

1 Like

My thoughts? (Not in particular order)

1. I would think the SS might have strong input against outside v. inside venues. Interiors are easier to control an outside venure adds more variables to the equation.

2. Weather does not have to be a factor for inside venues, without outside venues you can have weeks of planning ruined at the last minute by a change in the weather.
    .WW, PHS

1 Like

Indeed. However, the idea has been floated of having them in airplane hangars, which would give cover from the weather, and still allow the outside aspects of protection. My reading has shown that Trump has largely opposed this because these venues are not large enough and he wants a show of attendance. My assumption is because of his ego.

Precisely. And Biden’s handlers know that. Biden knows enough to listen to his handlers.

That should be an acceptable option.

Trump will need to adapt on this or perhaps politically perish to the gnome in the basement.

Trump does not seem capable of adapting.

1. Never underestimate Trump’s ability to sell.
  2. Left is going too far with the anti-law enforcement stuff. Even if Biden isn’t for it, it could be tied to him. I.e. vote for the guy who’s most likely to be the opposite of that (not Biden).
  3. Culture war/cancel culture. Trump can use that to his advantage.
  4. Polls actually may be skewed incorrectly this time. State polls weren’t great in 2016, WI in particular.
  5. Lastly, conventional wisdom doesn’t apply to Trump and his appeal - I’d say that is rather unconventional.

But then again, I could be completely mistaken. I have been before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Biden doesn’t support that.
Now, trump filing in SCOTUS to repeal Obama Care in the midst of a pandemic?

Trump is making lot of mistakes as of late…but so are the republicans.

3 Likes

Dementia Donnie Vs Rope-a-dope Joe

Not that I disagree with the move but the timing sucks simply due to optics. They are basically writing the next Lincoln Project video for them.

1 Like

I can’t imagine why the campaign run by a website designer who has literally no experience in politics and jack of no trades, master of none Jared Kushner is going so poorly.

3 Likes

They’re not turning on Trump. They know the only thing he listens to is coverage of Donald Trump, so these are his allies doing that thing that many presidential campaign managers have had to do in private over the years in the home stretch of a campaign: scream in their face, “DO YOU ■■■■■■■ WANT THIS? OR DO YOU WANT TO GO HOME? WELL THEN START ACTING LIKE IT!”

Good points all around. I’d argue, however, that with mail in ballots beginning to be sent in in as little as what - ten weeks from now? - Donald is out of time. He needs to push and push hard if he is serious about wanting a second term.

1 Like

And who he is selling to…