Biden's rope-a-dope vs. Trump

1. Never underestimate Trump’s ability to sell.
  2. Left is going too far with the anti-law enforcement stuff. Even if Biden isn’t for it, it could be tied to him. I.e. vote for the guy who’s most likely to be the opposite of that (not Biden).
  3. Culture war/cancel culture. Trump can use that to his advantage.
  4. Polls actually may be skewed incorrectly this time. State polls weren’t great in 2016, WI in particular.
  5. Lastly, conventional wisdom doesn’t apply to Trump and his appeal - I’d say that is rather unconventional.

But then again, I could be completely mistaken. I have been before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Biden doesn’t support that.
Now, trump filing in SCOTUS to repeal Obama Care in the midst of a pandemic?

Trump is making lot of mistakes as of late…but so are the republicans.

3 Likes

Dementia Donnie Vs Rope-a-dope Joe

Not that I disagree with the move but the timing sucks simply due to optics. They are basically writing the next Lincoln Project video for them.

1 Like

I can’t imagine why the campaign run by a website designer who has literally no experience in politics and jack of no trades, master of none Jared Kushner is going so poorly.

3 Likes

They’re not turning on Trump. They know the only thing he listens to is coverage of Donald Trump, so these are his allies doing that thing that many presidential campaign managers have had to do in private over the years in the home stretch of a campaign: scream in their face, “DO YOU ■■■■■■■ WANT THIS? OR DO YOU WANT TO GO HOME? WELL THEN START ACTING LIKE IT!”

Good points all around. I’d argue, however, that with mail in ballots beginning to be sent in in as little as what - ten weeks from now? - Donald is out of time. He needs to push and push hard if he is serious about wanting a second term.

1 Like

And who he is selling to…

So far it looks like Trump is running a 2016 campaign. Hell, the guy can’t even answer a simple question about his priorities for the next four years. Trump has talked himself into thinking that Biden’s mind is going away. I think that he believes that he will rip him a new one at the debates. I think it will be Biden’s time to slam home a win in November or go down in flames. And I don’t expect the latter.

1 Like

American people, looks like

Trump doesn’t seem like he wants to win. I mean, there’s never been a presidential campaign in history where one candidate could literally just sit on the sidelines and make snarky remarks and let the other guy soak up all the media because they’re so terrible at their job.

1 Like

Trump has (finally) been caught with his pants down. The country is passing him by. While a majority of Americans support BLM, the idea that we have systemic problems related to race, DACA, the military is on board with renaming bases, Mississippi votes to eliminate the Confederate Flag by a large majority - he’s just keeps bitter clingin’ to those old racist identity politics tropes. His focus this week has been Confederate Statues. Confederate. Statues. Let that sink in. BLM on the rise, thousands and thousands dying from Covid-19, and he’s worried about Robert E ■■■■■■■ Lee.

This guy has lost the plot. He’s trying the only thing he knows how to do - scare white people. It was a disaster in 2018 and it will be a disaster in 2020. Suburban white women are over it. College educated white people are over it.

The author of that story is right about one thing - Trump’s chances would be far greater if he had remained steady this year, but he cannot do it. And he will not do it. He’s been freaking out for months - and every day he makes it worse. In the midst of his worst month ever, he retweets “white power”. I love it. May he sink with the force of a thousand cinderblocks.

2 Likes

We’ve heard similar sentiments in 2016. Even rumors that he was dropping out in October after Access Hollywood tape.

Not to mention, it remains to be seen how much more rioting we will be seeing from the left between now and Election Day.

Democrats should play scared but that doesn’t change the fact that Trump is barely running a campaign and what he is running is disastrously terrible.

This isn’t a fainting couch he’s being crude assessment. By his own admittedly low standards from 2016 he’s doing a terrible job.

Trump just can’t seem to racism his way out of this. He’s hitting all the high points from 2016 and just isn’t getting the reaction he did before.

2 Likes

He has been known to do that, I grant you that. Before the restraining orders start…

1 Like

Yeah maybe if he just keeps tweeting LAW AND ORDER and SILENT MAJORITY in all-caps because someone clearly told him that Nixon ran on a law and order campaign to appeal to the quote unquote “silent majority” in 1968 but he doesn’t seem to actually know what that means.

1 Like

Give Jared a break… he’s still trying to get that mid-east peace deal done before the election.

2 Likes