Biden's Gun Tax Proposal

" On his campaign website, the former vice president proposes ending easy access to “assault weapons and high-capacity magazines” by banning their manufacture and sale and “regulat[ing] possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.”

That regulatory law already affects the possession of machine guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles, which owners are required to register with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The law also includes a $200 tax."

Fortunately that’s probably going nowhere for at least two full years.

4 Likes

Couldn’t Biden direct the ATF to add those items by EO?

Hopefully someone would immediately file suit and the courts would strike it down assuming they do their job properly.

2 Likes

I think he would be talked out of trying that.

He could try it… But when it went to court then the courts would be looking at all the stuff the ATF has been doing without authority to, and they would risk losing a lot of ground in their quest to regulate firearms rather than gain ground.

In that regards, we should actually hope he attempts it.

2 Likes

It would be nice if they would simply find the ATF unconstitutional and get rude of that organization.

Move the good agents to other agencies.

3 Likes

Since such a tiny fraction of crime and murder is committed by “assault weapons” what will he do when this tax has no real affect on murder statistics? What will be his next target?

1 Like

I doubt the tax would reduce how many guns of this type are purchased anyway.

3 Likes

The AOC/ Harris lunatic fringe will have a major impact here. I have no doubt their plans go far deeper than this. If they had their way, they would arrest the board of the NRA or shut them down using their latest hate speech law. Pass a huge federal tax on all ammo of any type. This could get really crazy.

4 Likes

Well obviously we will just have to get rid of all the guns.

Baby steps, baby steps and then bam!

1 Like

Death by a Thousand Cuts

3 Likes

Not and have it hold up.

Move onto Semi Auto Handguns which are used in most “gun crimes”.

They can want in one hand and ______________ in the other then see which fills up faster.

The President can only issue EOs within the intent of the enacted law. In other words, he cannot make new law with an EO.

What guns? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Beginning of confiscation. They really do want an armed revolt. You’ll hear “weapons of war” and “assault weapons” ad nauseum to advance the narrative. Remember, the is applies to law abiding citizens in possession of legally procured and registered firearms.
Criminals are excluded.

Dreamer says what?

3 Likes

Here we go again. Y’know, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the gun and ammo industries secretly support democrats. For eight years Obama was their greatest salesman EVER.

2 Likes

If ifs and buts

This isn’t going anywhere and it shouldn’t