Biden wants to raise taxes again

I do do the shopping. I am probably in the same income bracket as him and it has changed my spending on food.

2 Likes

Trump pledges more tax cuts while Brandon is planning to let the Trump tax cuts (from his 1st term) expire.

Massive difference!

2 Likes

Chicken leg quarters (10lb bags) are up 28% out here, and that’s the cheapest whole meats they have.

Grass fed ribeye is up 42%.

As it stands, I’ll be able to start eating steak and asparagus twice a day again once I start work in August.

Otherwise, I’ll just have to wait until the non-demented one returns to the White House. :rofl:

4 Likes

My wife and I split the shopping. Sometimes I go, sometimes she does. Sometimes we deliver.

As a reminder I never said my grocery bills haven’t gone up. I said they have… mostly because I’m buying more… but if I had to guess… there is at most a 15% with some items I buy consistently. I’m not seeing 20-30%.

4 Likes

There’s been a lot of discussion on food but not about non food items. Paper products have gone way up. I see paper towels at 27-29 dollars, toilet paper at 18-22 dollars and I know that the canned dog food we buy was 89 cents 3 years ago and is now 1.82at Walmart. I have had to stop buying some things altogether and buy cheaper brands on many things. TJ owns this economy, his policies have been a disaster for Americans across the board, but if course, destruction of America has been his goal …

2 Likes

Over what period? That is as important as the percent of increase. When I said my food bill increased 40%, I very clearly said that was over three years time.

1 Like

The only thing on that list (call it my vice) i am guilty of is that I do drink $3 Americanos three or four times a week (at my old farts social klatch.) But the most damaging one there, that goes well beyond personal cost, is number 14.

1 Like

Since 2021 for me…

I’ve never changed my spending habits. I never spent a lot. Me and the wife make over 100k less now than we did back in 2019 and it hasn’t affected what we normally buy. That’s what my wife made before she retired. Then chose the lump sum over the pension payout per month. Then I went to an easier job at a pay cut. That sounds insane, but true.

1 Like

Can’t stop the signal, Mal. :wink: