Biden, wanna be tyrant

I’m pretty sure he means federal regulations.

Cool. He should reduce federal regulations and leave local communities alone. But I don’t think that is the plan.

You could read his plan on this website.

Exclusionary zoning has for decades been strategically used to keep people of color and low-income families out of certain communities. As President, Biden will enact legislation requiring any state receiving federal dollars through the Community Development Block Grants or Surface Transportation Block Grants to develop a strategy for inclusionary zoning, as proposed in the HOME Act of 2019 by Majority Whip Clyburn and Senator Cory Booker. Biden will also invest $300 million in Local Housing Policy Grants to give states and localities the technical assistance and planning support they need to eliminate exclusionary zoning policies and other local regulations that contribute to sprawl.

I’ll read Biden’s site after you read Trump’s. Fair enough?

BTW. What exclusionary policies is he referring to?

Iv read trump platform.
my advice is if your going to start a thread on Biden policy maybe you should read it first.

You don’t think his plan is his plan?

Biden has a very detail plan for housing.
its quite long.

I’ll take your advice as soon as you start taking mine. Fair enough?

And… What exclusionary policies is he referring to?

I see that Breitbart is at it again.
The first thing that they note is correct:

The proposal, known as the Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations> Blockquote

And that is what it was. A proposal of items for consideration. Then just a bit later the article refers to the proposal as Biden’s platform.

If one would take the time to actually read Biden’s platform for housing you will see that the basis of the Breitbart article is much different then the proposal.
I am starting to see this kind of thing happen. There are posts that claim that Biden’s platform are being written by Sanders and AOC. Which is not the case. They only contributed to the proposal. And from what I am seeing when Biden’s folks wrote the various platform’s they did not incorporate the more progressive recommendations that were in the proposal.

the ones that limit the building of low income housing.

Does he explain the “exclusionary polices?” What ever they are?

exclusionary policy are zoning law that limit what you can build and where you can build it.

the most common is school zone.

His housing policy has a few progressive point but its mostly moderate expand grant program and incentive first time home buyers.

The cost of the property limits that. Low income folks cannot afford high income housing. Because they are low income. Nobody is going to put a 500 dollar per month house on a $500,000 plot. Economics 101. But Biden wants to force them to.

where in the world can you rent a house for 500$ a month.

No, it’s not fair. You started a thread about Biden and zoning, not about trump. I know you are really big on staying on topic.

I wasn’t asking you.

Does he explain the “exclusionary polices?” What ever they are? I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to build low income housing on school property.

low income housing is subsided by the government so you might pay 500$ a month, but the property is worth 1500$ a month.

the landowner profit 1500$ a month.
Its an extremely safe investment mostly because low income families are on fixed income so there is little threat them missing rent.

Jersey has had fair housing since the 80s

Affordable houses and apartments in a lot of jersey towns.

It’s a thing in jersey.

Allan

we have subsided housing my my town they just built modern townhouses, you can’t even tell they are subsided by low income.