Biden to Announce Student Loan Forgiveness

Also his campaign platform. Something something promise made promise delivered….

What prevents people whose student loans are partial forgiven from investing in themselves?

Do you really believe that 100 percent of successful people are self made?

Your post isn’t so much wrong as that it just tries to attack libs for some reason.

That’s true. Is the timing right? Is now the right time to increase the burden?

What are the medium/long term consequences of this promise?

Are they being forgiven or is the burden being shifted?

$500B is a lot of money, even for government.

What’s the next demand?

3 Likes

That means there are very few people seeking to be self made, which is a sign of a country in decline. If everything is free then things are intrinsically worthless, they only have value if there was a sacrifice made personally. Me sacrificing for someone else isn’t the same thing.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yes all truly successful people are self made! You think Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs were given free stuff that helped them be successful, or did they make personal sacrifices personally and financially so they could achieve success at a later date? The problem with the left is they believe Rome can be built in a day, and it can’t. The only people who make money for nothing are politicians from the right and left. Everything taste sweeter when you achieved something on your own versus it be given to you. We need to stop handing out participation trophies! There are winners and losers in life, and 90% of it is determined by the individual.

According to you the bill always come due …. Sooooo

When government acts to let people keep more of their money the burden is always shifted.

Is 500b being spent or is that the total cost when taking into consideration forgiven interest? Can it be paid back through further accrued interest? What about a 1099 for a forgiven loan? How about consumer spending?

Making personal sacrifices doesn’t mean self made. I understand what you meant now.

You are confusing the term self made which has a specific definition with self - sacrifice for success.

Everything isn’t free. You guys keep thinking that 10k individual forgiveness after years of paying on a debt that includes interest capitalization is the same as a freebie. It’s not.

It is impossible to be self made without making self sacrifice, there is no confusion. There is a reason a majority of Americans are employed by small business. Those people made personally sacrifices which in turn makes them self made people. This is why I take issue with the left! The right wants to inspire people to be the best they can become, coach, grow, personally invest! The left wants to invest with other peoples money, in valuable things that in turn makes them intrinsically worthless! What inspires me to grow and be the best version of me to contribute to society if everything is given to me?

The kids believe it’s free! Bernie and AOC yell free college and free healthcare daily, don’t go back on the leftist mantra now. So are Bernie and AOC liars now?

First of all there is very much confusion. Just pause and stop trying to be contrarian because you are discussing something with a lib

All self made people must self sacrifice.

Not all those who self sacrifice are necessarily self made

Do you understand now?

There is nothing wrong in the rest of your post. I agree with it wholeheartedly. Especially as a small business owner.

1 Like

Bernie and aoc are populists. They shouldn’t be in politics. They should be on a ledge somewhere in a beret banging a drum and talking about a foggy future.

Populism sucks.

2 Likes

No doubt we both love this country, we just disagree on how efforts should be directed. It’s refreshing to see a lib understand that all success comes at a personal sacrifice. That’s a rare trait to find.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly!

1 Like

Nobody is thinking 2026 or 2028.

2 Likes

4 Likes