Biden to Announce Student Loan Forgiveness

“Don’t deserve it” what a broadbrush.

Wow it is news to me that road construction work pays (or paid) enough that a person could be 100% self-sufficient plus have enough time and money left over to pay for college. Imagine an unskiled laborer being paid a living wage plus $37,000 each year plus having enough time to be a good student.)

Generally speaking if a person has that much money left over at the end of the year he does not feel a need to go to college.
During COVID worked a McJob. Take home pay was $500 a week. ($26,000/year) It would have been a hell of a trick to pay food and rent and tuition on that. Much like with healthcare the demand curve for college is nearly vertical. “X” number of people feel they can afford college, and they go.

They do for good reason. They do not understand the FICA, SS, Medicare or other deductions on a pay stub or what a W-2 earnings statement is used for. You first have to be employed to get one.

AND the admitted segregationist.

2 Likes

Your assumption that we did it in four year is incorrect. I took a couple loans usually for 3rd quarter when summer money ran out. But took 8 years to finish because of working to pay. You eat a lot of top Ramen, got some food at food bank, no cell phone or internet then. Lived in house with 5 people.

Not all that difficult for me to believe.

4 Likes

What did they do to deserve it? Any of them?

2 Likes

I really don’t care if you believe me or not, but it is the complete truth. Take it or leave it. Maybe I was just lucky, but my experience was common among my school friends. With few exceptions, we all paid our way through college. Another thing that was common among us was frugality and keeping our priorities in line. I recall one semester when my money was so tight that the only frivolous purchase I allowed myself was a 25 cent soda once a week from the dorm pop machine.

Money was not the object while I worked common labor, it was the education that that money could buy … an education would qualify me to earn more money than physical labor could provide without busting my body with toil. That’s what any college education is supposed to be about, isn’t it? Or at least that’s what they tell kids. Too bad they don’t tell them the rest of it.

2 Likes

The -->outer<-- limit of my imagination is that a person working an unskilled job, under ideal circumstances, could pay his own bills plus take 1-2 classes per semester. (Which is pretty much all the the spare time he’d have anyway.)

Working full time and getting a degree is a marathon where you take 1 or 2 classes per term and that includes summer term so 3 to 6 classes a year for 8 to 12 years.

MANY people do this.

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corpmcd/en-us/our-stories/article/ourstories.triples_crew_tuition.html

You are most welcome. Lovin it.

2 Likes

Now you are getting it.

Nothing truly good ever came easy.

4 Likes

Prove it.

How does one “deserve” to default on a loan?

1 Like

What’s “deficit spending”?

1 Like

What’s “deficit spending”?

Fox News

White House suggests Biden’s $500B student loan handout will be paid for with…

White House officials appear to suggest that President Biden’s cancellation of between $10,000 to $20,000 in student debt per borrower will be funded through deficit spending.

This is the definition of pure unadulterated bull ■■■■■

1 Like

“Lyin’ Joe Biden” has earned the moniker.
Yet still the dumbasses believe.

2 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

Funny, the two oldest did just that. My oldest has been off the IRR for about 15 years or so but if I get one more call from her that begins: “ are you hearing this”? My son just does a “SMH” and comments “Biden’s an ■■■■■■■■

1 Like

Biden was bleeding support from the under 30 elites, this is vote buying.

3 Likes