Biden takes Thanksgiving swipe at 'sick' sale of semi-automatic guns

On this we can agree. Banning “assault weapons” based on cosmetic features is silly.

I get that. But in the aggregate, how is it that the US of A has twice as many guns per capita as its closest competitor Yemen, and waaay more than pretty much every other country in the world? And a correspondingly higher rate of mass shootings? More importantly, what can be done to address the mass shootings part? Or do we just write that off as the inevitable cost of everybody being able to have as many guns as they want?

Well…a shotgun will not do what a rifle will do and a rifle will not do what a shotgun will do. Then you have a handgun and that’s another subject all together. Now consider the shotgun…are you hunting ducks or geese…I’d recommend a 12 guage. How about dove, rabbits or quail…I’d recommend a 20 guage. Now take rifles…a 22 load is a lot less expensive than say…a 30.06 so…do you need a 30.06?
Well…a 22 calibur is illegal when hunting deer so as you can see, a person needs more than 1.2 guns.

Just sayin… :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Such “necessary” tools that I have none of them, and get along just fine.

That’s the spirit!

When is the last time you had a quail popper? I just got 5 quail today and cleaned them. Now tomorrow night, I’ll make poppers and if you haven’t eaten one, you really don’t know what “fine” is.

Just sayin… :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

That’s like bragging that you’ve never needed the spare tire on your car, and then trying to inflate the wisdom of removing it from your vehicle.

5 Likes

We love guns.

We love shooting those guns

Nothing involving the guns

Yup.

Probably also get a gun or two for yourself.

I’m not going to subscribe to the notion that hoplophilia justifies sitting back and accepting regular massacres of our fellow citizens. The thoughts and prayers aren’t working.

My spare tire has never killed anybody.

Neither have my guns…….

4 Likes

We have a problem in our culture and in my opinion, the number one reason for these mass shootings are males who donated a sperm cell but did not do so lovingly united with the mother in a family unit, displaying respect, financially providing for them and guiding this child into adulthood, along the path of education. Instead this young male was programmed from other sources and they have no respect for life…including their own. Fix that and “we” will all be in a better place but it isn’t about guns. Only an idiot would use that for their excuse. The problem is, there are many idiots among us too.

2 Likes

Okay.

How can you know that?

Ok, so every other country in the world has a better culture than us? Sounds like America Last to me.

Listen to what I said and then consider the culture found in inner cities that are primarily run by Democrats…like Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Los Angeles…etc and the murders taking place. Over 50% of our murders are done by 6% of our country. Now…mediate on that.

How about, just spitballing here, we try to figure out why people think the only solution is to kill a bunch of people?!?!?

You know, try to figure out the why??

2 Likes

Let me guess, you get your meat from the grocery store.
Newsflash, some people hunt.

2 Likes

That would require critical thinking. To the anti-gun hoplophobes, that cannot be done.

Something must be banned!!! A right must be infringed!!!

2 Likes

You started it. :wink:

At least four. Pistol, large game rifle, small game rifle, shotgun.

Five, if you live in an urban jungle and need to carry concealed.