Biden rips the salaries of WNBA players!

Good break down.

2 Likes

Everyone wants the results with none of the work. It’s not like Men’s Basketball became a huge success story overnight. Frankly until the Dream Team and Jordan era it was the smallest national sport in the US. Basically Jordan was so amazing that he turned all of us growing up in the 90s into basketball fans.

1 Like

As to the lying corrupt senile Joe Biden weighing in…

A) he’s got more important ■■■■ to be worrying about and b) when he and his fellow libs stop trying to shove men into women’s locker rooms …

Well I still won’t believe anything that pathological lair says.

2 Likes

Revenue was up 233% for 2023. The salaries shouldn’t be equal, but the percentage should.

Caitlin Clark’s rookie salary will be roughly $75,000.

But she’ll make about $30 million in endorsements.

1 Like

Agreed…

Sadly the nba of today at least for me has destroyed a lot of that…I’ve gone from being a huge fan to not even being able to watch a game anymore. I think the playoffs are starting…I can’t tell you who’s good this year. Too much BLM and China…

Maybe Caitlyn Clark and her peers can have the impact on the wnba they/she had on the college game. If so they’ll make more.

That league has been around 25 years and has never turned a profit…

Why? Why should the percentages be equal? Are the revenues? Costs?

She’s so poor and oppressed. Let me go and cut off the heads of some bourgeoise in protest.

No one has any actual interest in watching athletes who are not the best. As we’ve seen by the recent gender invasion, the top female athletes in any sport fall to the most mediocre of males.

2 Likes

No one goes to the games, they play in front of like 25 people. It was probably the safest place to be not to get covid during the pandemic…

3 Likes

The average salary is over $100,000 for a 34 game season. I’m actually surprised it’s that high. Heck their still doing better than most Americans.

1 Like

Looking at the thread title I was sure there was going to be an OP about Joe Biden going off big time ripping the WNBA player salaries EXCLAMATION POINT.

And all I got was a mild slightly encouraging and hopeful inspiring Twitter from the President:

“Women in sports continue to push new boundaries and inspire us all. But right now we’re seeing that even if you’re the best, women are not paid their fair share. It’s time that we give our daughters the same opportunities as our sons and ensure women are paid what they deserve.”

2 Likes

None of it’s true. And Clark is not the best in the WNBA.

2 Likes

I see that average attendance is 6000+ per game and attendance was up 16% for 2023.

Maybe an optimistic upswing in popularity?

Well, it looks like a lot of it is true, and Clark will certainly be a driver in popularity.

Lol she hasn’t even played in the wnba yet.

No, none of it is true.

Women in sports continue to push new boundaries and inspire us all.

Lie.

women are not paid their fair share.

Lie

They are.

It’s the same idea. Men’s leagues give a higher percentage because they make an absurd amount of money. NFL players make 48% of league revenue. Do you think Arena league players made 48%?

A better case can be made that WNBA players shouldn’t even make 20% since they’re in the red every year.

1 Like

They’re currently taking money from the men’s side to pay the bills. Again, if they want more pay, they need to offer a product that at least turns a profit. That will require YOU to go to games, along with others protesting their lack of pay. That’s what’s going to get their 20% up in the men’s range.

1 Like

Well, he’s full of ■■■■■ so…

1 Like

Maybe they will. For their sake, I hope so. Hope don’t bring home the bacon.

1 Like