Biden rips the salaries of WNBA players!

Clearly one of the hypocrisies by the Left here is that “W” in the WNBA is an utterly meaningless term! Yet it doesn’t stop Joe Biden from making this comment:

President Biden, who posted on Twitter/X: “Women in sports continue to push new boundaries and inspire us all. But right now we’re seeing that even if you’re the best, women are not paid their fair share. It’s time that we give our daughters the same opportunities as our sons and ensure women are paid what they deserve.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/wnba-commissioner-defends-caitlin-clark-s-salary-after-joe-biden-s-fierce-criticism/ar-AA1nkoZ8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=60f2a35f59ab4135f9f49f0b87742eaa&ei=45

The WNBA has yet to turn a profit:

1 Like

Attendance, endorsements, advertising and network broadcasts all are part of pro sports revenue generation.
But what would Joe Potato Head know about that?
He’s a lying grifting dumbass.

5 Likes

NBA players earn 50% of league revenue while WNBA earn 20%. Seems totally fair.

Was the nba built off the success and popularity of the wnba??

Let’s face it, without the nba of the Jordan years, you’d have never seen or heard of the wnba at all.

EVER!!

2 Likes

The NBA is a $10B business. The WNBA is in the red.

1 Like

Well one of those organizations brings in billions per year. The other doesn’t.

So the women are paying the WNBA to play?

Women should really get to supporting women’s sports if they want this to change. Have you ever looked into the stands at one of their games? Ghost town.

2 Likes

It was phrased “league revenue” for a reason. Lol

1 Like

Women failed the WNBA, and the athletes’ pay reflects that. :wink:

3 Likes

Actually, I’ve never noticed since I never even watched a minute of a WNBA game.

1 Like

Women are all too busy watching the NBA to support their own league.

Like if they ever make a woman’s football league it’s going to flop unless they play in bikinis so guys will pay attention and buy merchandise.

3 Likes

I’ve watched one once. Trust me it’ll make you want to slit your own wrists it’s so boring.

1 Like

Isn’t there a lingerie football league with women?

And it’s not that women’s sports can’t be entertaining. I love female combat sports; I always tune into MMA to watch the big women’s fights. Because they’re entertaining. And the best Muay Thai match I ever watched was between two girls.

But women’s basketball? That’s like watching paint dry. The whole excitement of basketball is the athleticism. I’m not saying that women aren’t athletic because they are. But it’s not on the same level. There’s a severe lack of layups and a severe lack of dunking because most of the girls can’t do it reliably.

I’m not sure but that’s the only way to do it.

Basically give me a team made up of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders if you want me to watch it.

Also women shooting competitions are fantastic. Because that’s one of the few competitions men and women are inherently equal at.

1 Like

If Democrats don’t like being called “Marxists,” maybe they should stop campaigning for equal outcomes. Besides, since when do they even care about women’s athletics, given that they fully endorse biological men replacing biological women in sports?

3 Likes

Well if trannies replace all the girls in the WNBA, we will get a lot more dunks and layups.

2 Likes

From the link above…

“Back in 2018, current NBA commissioner Adam Silver spoke on the league’s financial outlook. He cited that the WNBA has never once turned a profit. The league loses roughly 10 million dollars a year and lost close to $12 million in 2017.While things might look bleak, the league is slowly making strides. Viewership is trending in the right direction, and they recently landed $75 million in investment money. The league as a whole is now valued at around one billion dollars.”

Caitlyn Clark is making 76,000+ in her upcoming rookie year (wnba players play a 40 game regular season, from May to Sept, the nba is 82 from October to June when the finals are over)…she’s also getting an endorse deal from Nike for like 20 million. “ It was reported earlier this week by Shams Charania of The Athletic that WNBA star Caitlin Clark is nearing a deal with Nike worth over $20M, and will also be receiving a signature shoe.” Former NBA Player Reacts to Caitlin Clark's Massive Nike Deal

The WNBA has never been profitable…the draft they just held drew a big tv audience…the women’s final four rivaled or even beat the men’s for audience.

If they can continue to build an audience they’ll get paid more.

2 Likes