Biden releases 'gender equity' plan that calls for eliminating cash bail

Maybe…it depends on your standard? IMO…it’s woke to believe that. Other than it stings, what is the “physical harm” you speak of?

1 Like

You bring up the other half of this equation for it to “work”; that’s the parents of the students. If my father found out why Mr. Warren took a whiffle ball bat to my butt, he’d have used his belt and it would have been more than one whack. What Mr. Warren did was the lessor of the evils. When there is no father there to back up the discipline of the teacher, the remnants of this negative effect are easily seen in the examples of Chicago.

Do you not remember that not one child could pass a math test out of 13 schools in Baltimore? This isn’t “genuinely funny”. It’s the wrong direction our country has been heading for a while now and it’s a dead end street if “we” keep going this way? The children are our future.

1 Like

Get hit with anything, on your body, as a punishment, is physical harm.

This isn’t up for debate. Sure there are varying levels… but how do you know how a kid receiving that hit takes it? Some kids can take more than others.

The harm you speak of is a stinging pain, that doesn’t leave any physical damage to the body. The “harm” done by letting it go and not punishing it to the extreme we’re discussing, is much greater, long lasting and will negatively impact this individual, manifesting itself in numerous and costly ways throughout their life.

1 Like

Ridiculous

1 Like

Conservatives calling for state run schools to physically punish kids. Ok.

1 Like

And yeah - the cash bail system is a mess. And definitely unconstitutional.

How is it unConstitutional?

Right to speedy trial (6th) and due process/equal protection (14th) .

How does cash bail preclude a speedy trial?

I also don’t see how it violates the 14th.

Poor people languishing in jail for months because they can’t afford bail.

Unaffordable bail disproportionately affects women and people of color. Violates equal protection.

Can’t begin to count the times I got paddled in middle school. A flat paddle with holes in it. It never hurt but when I got home when my dad found out whoo boy.

I learned to forge his signature on the take home notes to avoid the belt at home

:angel: :rofl:

4 Likes

What I refer to, has been the way of our schools much longer than it being this new “woke” and the fact that even the standards today, are being lowered to accommodate the poorer academic performances is proof…it’s not the right course.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with the speed of the trial?

I don’t think so. That’s not what “equal protection” means. Now if you could prove bail was being set higher because they are women or BIPOC alone, you might have a case. I’m pretty sure they’re careful about that.

You have to be careful claiming something is unConstitutional just because the outcome “disproportionately affects” this or that.

1 Like

The guilt or innocence of which has not been established through due process yet.

The fear of punishment at home was a definite deterrent.

Had my dad found out I’d be grounded for a year and probably have to cut the lawn with a scissors.

3 Likes

I remember some using wood and had the paddle been slightly off and hit the student’s coccyx, the damage could be permanent? In all things, risk/reward must always be considered. The school system should probably, due to the “Mr. Eliscos” out there…mandate the use of a plastic whiffle ball bat. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Imagine bail is set at 1000$. You can’t pay it. So instead you have to stay in jail until a trial. That could be months. Poverty is being punished. 6th amendment right to speedy trial has been violated.

Poverty is being punished. Women and people of color tend to be poorer as shown in statistics of who is languishing in jail because they can’t pay bail. 14th.

You won’t convince them. They view children as pawns. They give them authority to make adult decisions about sex and sexual perversions. But then, when it suits the progs, they will call them young and impressionable with brains that are not yet developed and therefore should not pay the price for crime they commit. They are used here (unbeknownst to the average sheople prog) to create young adults that will be intolerant of law and order and traditions thus becoming the tip of the spear and cannon fodder in a cultural revolution not unlike the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The destruction of America is the true objective… even if your average sheople prog is led to believe the objective is just happy and well adjusted children riding unicorns in the playground.

4 Likes