Biden makes it official with a "Disinformation Governance Board"

I’m more surprised they thought others would accept it.

2 Likes

Is the government allowed to fact check information they disseminate? Basically is the government allowed to be an expert on what they do or say?

of course. Takes no disinformation board to do that. That is what the public information section does. The limits of this board were never that clear. Are they going to seek out opinions they disagree with and respond, like a forum poster? We’re they going to try to influence Facebook or Twitter? It was never that clear. But if they were going to just continue releasing public information….takes no board.

1 Like

I think in this case “paused” means they’re looking for a better way to sell this ridiculous idea to the public.

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. If the government is allowed to fact check their own information… then no issue, right?

They can’t do it that way, social media companies need to be able to point to it and say, sorry this is disinfo according to the government agency in charge of determining truth when they ban someone or pull a story.

Why are you defending this horse ■■■■ ?

2 Likes

So the “disinformation board” is peddling disinformation?
Classic

3 Likes

The fact the poster threw up a BS premise to begin with tells you how they really feel. There is no point in explaining it to the same people who felt it was perfectly fine to discuss fines, jail time etc. for those choosing not to take a jibby jab.

Pretending this is the government policing THEIR own information is not what this was ever about. Even the people creating it weren’t stupid enough to try and peddle that crap.

2 Likes

Show otherwise. Show the government is trying to control information that they don’t disseminate.

Thanks

Nah, you made a claim they are. How about you pony up instead.

1 Like

I still can’t comprehend the level of zealotry it must take to support this ridiculousness in any fashion.

5 Likes

Perhaps not the board itself in this particular case, but elements within the administration certainly are.

Including the head of this farce. At least she “resigned”.

Because it’s a tempest in a tea pot. You guys are spinning it up into something it isn’t going to be.

The point is, it shouldn’t “be” at all.

1 Like

Please.

from https://www.survivethenews.com/psaki-admits-biden-admin-censoring-americans-were-flagging-problematic-posts-for-facebook-that-spread-disinformation-video/

Psaki Admits Biden Admin Censoring Americans: “We’re Flagging Problematic Posts For Facebook That Spread Disinformation”

4 Likes

She should have never been in the position to resign from in the first place.

3 Likes

It’s sad is what it is. Nobody in the left should be supporting this level of government over reach. I am not even getting into slippery slopes. Just in and of itself this is a bad idea

1 Like

No. Why are you defending it?