Biden makes it official with a "Disinformation Governance Board"

You don’t know that. It would be just a step from nonenforcement to enforcement.

This is a dangerous move by the woke lib dems.

2 Likes

Yes, in retrospect I see that Glenn Greenwald and other critics of the surveillance state were right about a lot of things.

Disinformation and misinformation from the US government gave us the Gulf of Tonkin incident, the Kuwaiti-dumped-from-incubators story, exaggerated claims of civilian deaths in Kosovo, hype about WMDs, humanitarian bombing in Libya, etc. This disinformation resulted in wars that killed millions and cost trillions.

Bush campaigned against nation-building in 2000. We ended up with military occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan that lasted decades.

This disinformation has come under administrations run by both political parties. The real problem appears to be that elements within the military and surveillance state are producing and protecting disinformation that supports their interests.

What is good for Ratheon is not necessarily good for America.

1 Like

Over half of the entire Republican Party believes the 2020 election was stolen based on lies, thanks to grownups thinking for themselves. Hundreds of thousands of Republicans have sacrificed themselves to The Cause by adopting antivax as part of their political identity based on what they’ve read and made decisions on that.

I’m happy to keep letting that play out.

1 Like

The US election system lacks credibility. Democrats have been saying that for many years, at least
about elections that they have lost.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/05/17/fact-checkers_give_stacey_abrams_a_pass_on_victory_claim_140358.html

The way you establish credibility is to improve security, audits, and enforcement of election laws.

Censorship of people who point out problems in the system and are skeptical of the results has the opposite effect. It confirms that the system is so insecure and corrupt that it can withstand any serious scrutiny.

4 Likes

I’m sure he was against it until he was for it. :wink:

I also don’t recall him criticizing it when it’s being used as a political weapon. I’ll check and see in a bit when I have more time.

3 Likes

These people are such a bunch of frauds.

Frauds whose job it is to control your thoughts.

:wink:

1 Like

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” There’s a reason that was the very first amendment to the Constitution.

Democrats are a frightening species right now. Sadly their best talent is destroying the language…

“Disinformation” apparently actually means “speech and thought with which we do not agree abd have not sanctioned.”

These people need to be decimated.

3 Likes

Lefties are cool with authoritarianism just as long as they are in charge!

4 Likes

You people are constantly spreading it…you tell us.

3 Likes

…and who determines whether it’s “misinformation”? In this instance, it’s one of the sources that said the Hunter Biden laptop was…are you ready…misinformation. In the instance where those making the determination are wrong, is there something in this system to hold them accountable…or do they get a free pass?

4 Likes

See…a lib spreading disinformation.

3 Likes

Here is one that Jay justifying DHS.

Searching through your post here…haven’t found single post where you criticized DHS…not one. You criticized the poster thus for doing so.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

For example?

I mean, holy ■■■■ have they lied since Jan 2021! About everything!! :rofl:

3 Likes

They’ve been lying since before trump was elected. The Russians did not get Donald Trump elected…Kavanaugh was not a rapist…Nick Sandmann beat CNN in a lawsuit. Hunter’s laptop was very much real. That list could be 4 or 5x that long or more. Men can’t have babies…

I m done with leftists.

5 Likes

The economy is good
Biden doesn’t prey on children
The Afghan withdrawal was a success
The world respects the USA
The Trump Therapeutic is a vaccine

We could go on for hours like this. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah but it’s nice they are out of the closet now thanks to Musk, going on television giving speeches about how badly Americans need to be censored is priceless.

5 Likes

Yep, it’s the Leftist Media’s job to control how you think.

Just ask them. :wink:

4 Likes