Biden / HARRIS Appointment Discussion

Come on now. This is just ridiculous.

It’s satire. A response to The Bell Curve.

It’s right there in the first sentence.

Well, at least one tried. I am disappointed it was you.

It’s utterly baffling to me that you can say all this with a straight face.

“In response to those who defend The Bell Curve…”

https://forward.com/news/national/462089/bidens-deputy-ag-pick-defends-record-on-antisemitism-amid-criticism-of/%3Fgamp

A little more of the story, including her rationalization much like yours.

As recently as 2019, Clarke expressed support for Tamika Mallory, one of the leaders of the Women’s March, who was forced to resign over accusations of antisemitism and her association with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

Satire as well, no doubt.

1 Like

You accept her story. I don’t.

I have to say, if I didn’t know you better, I’d assume this post was made in bad faith.

It is difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea that anyone couldn’t see that it was clearly satire - and clearly a direct response to an Op-Ed the week before that had endorsed The Bell Curve.

It’s all right there in the first sentence. I see that the “Washington Free Beacon” left that part out.

This has nothing to do with her story - I had no clue who she was until a few minutes ago.

It’s all there on the page.

The noise on this is dumbfounding

Even if I agree her motive is noble in her article, you are ignoring the rest of it.

If this is not the definition of Black supremacy then what is?

President-elect Joe Biden’s appointment to the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department argued in a 1994 letter to Harvard’s student newspaper that black people have “greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities” than white people, and also was accused of inviting a professor to campus that Jewish groups denounced as anti-Semitic.

A Joe Biden Justice Department Pick Argued In 1994 That Blacks Have ‘Greater Mental, Physical and Spiritual Abilities’ Than Whites | The Daily Caller

Clarke defended the statement, saying, “The marginalization of women of color is a threat to disrupt democracy, and what led me to join that letter was a grave concern about seeing another woman of color marginalized and silenced. Let me be clear, I denounce antisemitism wherever and whenever it shows up.”

What a wishy-washy statement that is. Oh I support this woman because she’s a woman of color, but I also denounce antisemitism. Apparently you can’t denounce it in this instance, because marginalizing a woman of color would hurt democracy.

Talk about a perfect example of lawyer speak.

For those who missed it. What we have here is a pattern of behavior indicating beliefs.

1 Like

Another square in the quilt.

Aww…Trying to fill in the blanks of the first article you posted after you realized you got the ropa dope.

Uh, no. Continuing to read to see if there is a pattern. Look above.

The part you didn’t read or want to ignore is in the first post on Clarke.

“Asked if she denounces Martin and his views, Clarke said, “I do, 100%. I unequivocally denounce antisemitism.”

The Trump standard has been met.

Also from the article

“According to Clarke, the letter was in response to views touted by the psychologist Richard Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in a book titled “The Bell Curve,” that questioned the intellectual ability and moral right of Black students to be at an institution of higher learning. The book, she said, “was generating wide acclaim for its racist views” and her intention in opening the letter “with an absurd claim that Black people are superior based on the melanin in their skin” was to “hold up a mirror to reflect how reprehensible the premise of black inferiority was set.”

“It was meant to express an equally absurd point of view — fighting one ridiculous absurd racist theory with another ridiculous absurd theory,” Clarke explained, “and the goal was all about [exposing] the ugly racist underpinnings of the Bell Curve theory. It was deeply personal and profoundly important to Black students and other students of color who felt that their right to be on campus was challenged. And frankly, the fight that we were leading as students is a fight that I am still very much a part of today.”

1 Like

Do you think this person is a black supremacist?

President-elect Joe Biden’s appointment to the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department argued in a 1994 letter to Harvard’s student newspaper that black people have “greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities” than white people, and also was accused of inviting a professor to campus that Jewish groups denounced as anti-Semitic.

“According to Clarke, the letter was in response to views touted by the psychologist Richard Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in a book titled “The Bell Curve,” that questioned the intellectual ability and moral right of Black students to be at an institution of higher learning. The book, she said, “was generating wide acclaim for its racist views” and her intention in opening the letter “with an absurd claim that Black people are superior based on the melanin in their skin” was to “hold up a mirror to reflect how reprehensible the premise of black inferiority was set.”

“It was meant to express an equally absurd point of view — fighting one ridiculous absurd racist theory with another ridiculous absurd theory,” Clarke explained, “and the goal was all about [exposing] the ugly racist underpinnings of the Bell Curve theory. It was deeply personal and profoundly important to Black students and other students of color who felt that their right to be on campus was challenged. And frankly, the fight that we were leading as students is a fight that I am still very much a part of today.”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Do you have any idea how sad that is?

After she was called out. The Trump standard has been met. How was it received?