Biden Gaslights Oil Companies While Weakening Readiness

I was referring to the context. Are you saying Obama created a context conducive to US o&g?

Government is not the only factor, it is a major factor.

Yes. One of the most important things govt has done for O&G has been the lifting of the export quotas for oil which happened under Obama.

It isn’t even a major factor. Oil production increased at the same rate under Obama as it did under Trump. That’s actual data, not conjecture.

Mmmmm. I’ll take your word for it. Now I’m wondering what his motive would have been for “helping”, given he is a Green Dreamer?

I will rephrase, it can and often is a major factor. With dems an impediment.

An “in spite of” situation.

I appreciate your opinion but you assign far too much power here. The data is indisputable as oil production climbed under Obama at a fairly steady rate and continued under Trump under that same rate. You are applying 2000 thinking when things have changed so much for O&G since then (uncon displacing conventional).

Now, if you want to claim that Dem impediment has been a major factor you should be able to point to that graph and show where production growth was inhibited. Problem is, you can’t. It wasn’t inhibited under Obama. It wasn’t inhibited under Trump.

Growth has been tied to unconventionals and the most prolific area of unconventionals, by far, is the Permian which is vastly dominated by private land, where Dems have not impeded.

Why?

It climbed because oil companies felt they could make their shareholders happy by drilling more oil.

Why did it climb?

Yes, under Obama.

Turns out things are not as binary as so called conservatives imagine them to be.

Obama being pro alternative energy does not mean the destruction of O&G in fact it grew…

Because the industry learned how to marry new technologies in horizontal drilling with better fracturing methods. That enabled us to economically produce from tight oil reservoirs. The shale boom.

And what was the Obama context on that new technology?

None. Just as I said earlier, neither Trump nor Obama administration had any so sizeable impact on the shale revolution.

Yep another TNT knows someone

I disagree.

Ok. Point at a point in the oil production graph where either had an effect and explain why.

Graph? You feel decisions are made on graphs? On logic? Silly goose.

Silly goose. I’m not talking about decisions, I’m talking about impact.

I’m upstream of you then.

Ok. Whatever floats your boat. When you can show impact, ping me.

1 Like