Biden airstrikes. A good idea?

I’m not completely sure why he did it. But any time we can send some Iranian assets into the loving arms of Allah, I’m for it. I hope the casualties among jihadis were sky high.

U.S. launches airstrikes against Iran-backed militias in Iraq, Syria (nbcnews.com)

Did you…click the story? Directly under the headline explains why he did it.

The action was a response to drone attacks on American personnel and facilities in Iraq, an official said.

And the story explains further:

Kirby said that President Joe Biden, who authorized the strikes, “directed further military action to disrupt and deter” attacks on U.S. facilities and personnel in Iraq.

“We are in Iraq at the invitation of the Government of Iraq for the sole purpose of assisting the Iraqi Security Forces in their efforts to defeat ISIS,” he said. “The United States took necessary, appropriate, and deliberate action designed to limit the risk of escalation - but also to send a clear and unambiguous deterrent message.”

Oh, that war mongering Establishment! :rofl:

6 Likes

The air strikes make perfect sense if you are looking to provoke more Islamic terror attacks in the US as another pretext to surveille Americans and to further restrict civil rights.

Because you have to tell America to stop bombing Syria and Iraq. They are killing a lot of innocent people. What am I to do here when my people are getting killed over there. … You need to stop the U.S. airstrikes. They need to stop the U.S. airstrikes, OK? . … This went down, a lot of innocent women and children are getting killed in Syria and Iraq and Afghanistan, OK? … The airstrikes need to stop and stop collaborating with Russia. OK? --Omar Mateen

It also makes sense if you want to increase sales for weapons manufacturers.

A win-win!

1 Like

I don’t always believe everything the government tells me. They lie like fish swim. That’s what I meant by not “completely” understanding. Do I pass your purity test? I hope so!
:grin:

I disagree. I think if they have a good opportunity to hit, they will. Regardless. We can prevent this by staying on offense.

Are libs still afraid of us getting into “total war” with Iran?

2 Likes

Islamic terror attacks went to almost nothing while Trump was president.

Obama-Biden conducted massive bombing campaigns in Libya and Syria. They certainly killed a lot of civilians, pushed countries into civil war, and aided in the development of ISIS.

It looks like Biden is going back to the same failed policies.

1 Like

Okay. I’m still not afraid of provoking Islamic goons. Zero intimidation. Not one bit. If they do anything, like what they did here. Hit them ten times as hard. We’re not going to agree. I’m good with that.

They are not. Had this been Trump they would want to try him for war crimes. No question about it.

1 Like

They’re not? Oh, well that’s good. Last year in January, some libs were afraid that Iran would start killing our senior officials, others afraid of Iran nuking us.

Hell, some even thought Iraq might team up with Russian and China and Iran to beat us up. :rofl:

1 Like

At the same time Biden is bombing Iranian-linked forces in Syria, he is lifting sanctions and sending them billions to support their war effort.

It is if we are paying Iran to get into a war with us. Who wins that other than the surveillance agencies and defense contractors?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/biden-withdraws-trumps-restoration-sanctions-iran-75982807

That is a great turn of phrase

Yes. That’s due to Biden stupidity. They’ve done this before. He’s a confused, dude.

Looks like Iraq still isn’t happy about bombs falling in their country.

Or Biden is merely a puppet of the military-surveillance complex who want to return to the pre-Trump policy of perpetual war.

1 Like

In my opinion, nothing we do over there will be completely right OR completely wrong, and that’s because the whole place is one giant cluster …

Just like pulling out of Afgh is wrong, yet staying there is also wrong, yet pulling out is also right, just as staying there is also right.

So pick your narrative and select the factors that support your position. You’re sure to be both right and wrong simultaneously.

1 Like

It’s only a war if we’re taking casualties. This is just a turkey shoot. We haven’t been at war for many moons.

Sending billions? Please provide proof or admit that it is a lie.

As far as sanctions go, it is too soon to judge. The new president of Iran has already said he won’t negotiate with the U.S., this may be a ploy to entice him back to discussions. Since sanctions can be applied and revoked at will, it is a mistake to read too much into this yet.