Biden agrees to summit with Putin under conditions

The act of solidarity during the Olympics between Russia/China said it all.

Way I see it, Putin went to Xi in order to find a way to circumvent the sanctions which are to surely come and he got the green light of support from Xi and China which gave Putin options.

The world monetary system is largely run by the US and western countries, this puts China and Russia in a bind, they have been working to change this. That’s the common goal both countries have, it’s a long term play.

Thats the funny part. Conservatives are lionizing anti-democratic Putin and hating on Woke Green EU. Many conservatives talk openly about ending the Republic as a failed experiment where they have lost the culture wars. They see anti-democratic anti-queer, anti-Green Putin as a better ally. And it all makes sense until you actually live under a regime like that and all your freedom goes.

Yup- Russia is definitely the minor partner in this deal. China is rich as hell and armed to the teeth and they don’t really need Russia- but Russia does act as a great bulwark against Western democracies for China.

The world does not work in a vacuum, remove the US/EU at the top and it will be filled and the list of contenders for that seat aka China are chomping at the bit.

We have the order we have now because of US intervention, the US is at the top of the food chain because of our interventions. We have bases around the world because of our interventions.

I don’t think the US has any intention of becoming small in the world stage but maybe I’m wrong.

What do you propose the US do about it?

:rofl::+1:t4:

The game is afoot.

1 Like

Thats the biggie to then bring in Russia troops to “protect” the ethnic Russians in the region.

War talk…

Putin: “Those who seized the power and keep the power in Kiev we demand to stop hostilities immediately. Otherwise, all responsibility for the possible continuation of the bloodbath will be on the consciences of the regime that is ruling in Kiev.”

LOL Putin, what a wanker. It’s the old Soviet KGB psy ops routine.
Russian troops are on Ukrainian sovereign land. The annexation and invasion has started.

Yup there it is…

OK, good post. My concern is with Germany. They want Russian resources…so does China.

As for Xi Jinping…I agree. And good point about not needing Russian military gear. LOL they stolen our tech.

No we won’t be…but we can stop with boxing nations in the corner as we are doing with Russia,

We didn’t need to contain Russia until NATO started moving up to there borders.

It’s a long term play…it means to counter it the West needs to stand form and also they need to play on the divisions that do not make Russia and China natural allies.

Germany is using the pipeline as a stick. And I don’t think that they would do it unless then had assurances from the US and possibly others that they would be covered if they pulled the plug.
As far as steeling our technology, my company was aware that some of the high tech equipment we sold to other countries made it into China. When I started going to China in the early 1980’s I saw some of the copies. They were functionally the same but had different paint. But the funny thing was that they copied them so well they even copied the flaws that those models had.

1 Like

Didn’t that kind of happen to the last president and the one before that as well though

So you hope the Biden administration made all this up?