Bible/Religious Trivia

I thought this might be a nice subject, please feel free to post yours:

Q) What was the first food eaten in space?

A) Christian Communion by Buzz Aldrin

Q) What man was born but never died, & what man died but was never born?

A) Elijah & Adam.

This should be an interesting thread.

Surely there are folks out there knowledgeable about this type of stuff?

1 Like

I was hoping it would be of interest & others would come with heir own trivia!

Q) What type of insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?

Q) How many Apostle’s was there?

Q) After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him three times?

Not interested.

1.Locusts and wild honey!
2. Only twelve - of whom Paul was not one. :wink:
3. John

I confess, I had to look up the first one. And I only knew the third one because I’d seen Jesus Christ Superstar.

This is one I just learned today, because of Atlas Obscura.

Why is Palm Sunday called Palm Sunday?

Correction to number three: :sunny:

1. Peter

Can’t find one, so INSERT EMBARRASSED EMOJI HERE!

As you wish: :blush: (Hee-hee)

There was 13 Apostles. Judas was one, then was replaced after death.

It is because of Jesus triumphal entry into Jerusalem, the people laid palms at His feet as He approached the city. They was honoring Him.

Matthias …

There was 12 after his betrayal he lost his office. Matthias was just replacing him.

Now if you are asking how many people are called apostle in the bible there would be 14 at minimum since Paul was called an apostle to the nations.

There were 11 after His betrayal. Judas was replaced by Matthias. That made 12.
Paul called himself an Apostle. I don’t believe anyone else did.

Apostle is one who is chosen and sent.

Acts 9: 15But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel.

After the establishment of the New Testament church on the day of Pentecost as detailed in the book of Acts, in whose name did the Apostles baptize?

Grin. Am I detecting a trick question? Jesus, Yeshua. ???

Rather than be tricked, how about baptizing In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Paul calls himself an Apostle.

To me, it’s not worth arguing about though.

And yes, Matthias was the Apostle who replaced Judas.

There’s no trick. They baptized in the name, singular, of Jesus Christ, by doing so, they did indeed baptize in the name of the Father (John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?) the Son, (Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 26:But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.)

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Which literally translated means "Within Jesus Christ is everything that is God, and outside of Jesus there is no God. So, if everything that is God is in Jesus, there cannot be any portion of God or a God anywhere else. He is quite simply God all by Himself, manifest of Himself and by Himself in the flesh. So, understanding this Matthew 1:23 becomes quite literal and apparent : Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Scripture proves out that they baptized in the name/singular of Jesus Christ just as Peter preached on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38, why did the Catholic church move away from this?